Black Taro Plant

Reaction score
Country
Canada
my taro plant looks like its going to flower, I was looking for some pictures of what it might finally look like, I am pretty sure there would be some here but can't find them, this is the first time the plant has or will flower, whenit does will post a picture
thanks Ron

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Per the net flowers are infrequent so if yours is flowering please take a lot of pictures.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
here is a picture of the Black taro, we had a big rainfall last night and I think the plant is okay and maybe will flower soon

Attachments

• taro1.jpg
    taro1.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 97

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Taros don’t really flower they get spikes looking things growing sometimes those spikes open up sometimes they don’t. @woodturner with koi looks like that spike is already starting wither away

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b border area
Country
United States
Their spikes look similar to a peace lily, which makes sense as they're in the same family, Araceae.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Their blooms aren't very impressive and it does look like that one is done. I have a lot of taros and get a few blooms every year, but I haven't had one from a black taro as yet. That one is evidently happy with where it is.

Ask a Question