sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
had 2 contractors come out and one brushes and does it with the regular stuff 700 dollars and second one uses sealmaster pmm which is a polymer based sealer and is sprayed on in 2 coats and is a product of sealmaster out of NC and is 650 dollars for my long driveway .Has anyone had any experience with sealing a black top driveway and which product sounds better .Last time it was brushed on in 2010 and lasted about 3 years and looked worn .The second guy said it does not show brush strokes .Brush strokes are the least of my problems .this is after sealing in 2010

Attachments

• pics on durecell back up 309.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 309.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 252
  • pics on durecell back up 310.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 310.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 253
  • pics on durecell back up 315.JPG
    pics on durecell back up 315.JPG
    401.5 KB · Views: 220
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We had our dental office parking lot resurfaced by a commercial company when we owned the building and found that the resurfacing only lasts a few years (maybe 5) before it had to be redone. It's just a matter of being weather worn and we considered it the cost of ongoing maintenance.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true but I had never heard of this polymer sealer and hoping i can find some one who had it done with this stuff .I am contacting the company online to see what they really say about it I know that it says it last longer though I don't mind the cost but trying to find out which is better makes me a little confused .I thought the stuff they put on was all the same stuff

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I don't know the details about the product, but my impression was that there was not that much difference between any of them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought so too but just found a you tube video and one was for there new road stuff .I am waiting for the company to get back to me .It says they also do roads in Canada and Hawaii and more .It has a special polymer in that makes it blacker and makes it hold up better .I thought all the sealers are the same .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
If there is a new product, then I would definitely look into it further.
Resealing blacktop is not cheap.
Mind you, trying to care for a gravel road isn't cheap either.
I try not to drive much at all any more.:LOL:

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is not really new Indiana has been using it on there roadways for over 3 years instead of tearing them up .They have a couple of video's on you tube about one of there products the use to make roads look new

Ask a Question