Bloomsz

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Was in Home Depot and came across Bloomsz, they were aquatic plant you can buy for like $10. They offer a few different types. Wondering if anyone has tried them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Folk have been shipping bulk plants in cheap from places like China, chopping them to bits and putting them in fancy schmancy boxes for some years.

Same old wheeze, pot luck if the badly shrivelled stumps do anything. For some time

Bloomsz is some KY reseller, who splits bulk loads into boxes and ships them to big box stores

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Was in Home Depot and came across Bloomsz, they were aquatic plant you can buy for like $10. They offer a few different types. Wondering if anyone has tried them?
Are they pre-packaged in boxes? Might have seen those. If it's what I'm thinking, it's like the water lilies I bought from Lowes a few years ago. I bought 2 and they were fine.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So it's just a brand name of some company then. Well now I know as I too bought my first water lily from Lowes in one of those boxes. Don't know if same company but it was a James Brydon lily and did fine.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The water lily I got a couple summers ago was from Home Depot, so probably a Bloomsz product. It did very well the first year. It got to the point where there was 40 pads at once so I had thin it out a little because it was in my 30g pond. Last year in the 400g, I couldn't get any flowers out of it and pads were smaller, so I'll probably have to put it in a larger pot this year.

551846_10151056301678689_1024837854_n.jpg

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I stopped putting lilies in pots. For the past couple years, I've just put the tubers under rocks. Everything has bloomed prolifically. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Reaction score
JB I got a hardy waterlily that looks just like that (same leaves and same color) but it was from Petsmart and it is actually doing really well. I don't know the name of mine though.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh it's a very pretty bright yellow jb:)
Yeah it was really cool. I had one from Menards before that, that never did anything, so when that first flower popped up it was pretty awesome! I hope I can get it to flower again this year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Garbage, I bought 5 and not a single one did anything, pulled them all out and took them back to Home Depot and got my money back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Are they pre-packaged in boxes? Might have seen those. If it's what I'm thinking, it's like the water lilies I bought from Lowes a few years ago. I bought 2 and they were fine.
I bought a couple last year and they didn't do anything....glad yours did:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Czercat

Latest Threads