Need urgent advice on new system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm looking for advice on which pump/UV filtration system to buy for a small 180 by 120 cm pond. The key thing is something that is effective but easy to maintain by my wife who is not physically strong or mechanically minded. (We are both in our 70's and less able than we once were).

The pond is a plastic 'cast' type with an active fish & frog population and has been served by a pump and separate filter up to now but it's beginning to fail; the water is very silted up and dark and my wife fears for the health of her fish.

Any recommendations on types or brands would be most appreciated - thanks for your help!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
sunwelcome-1.gif
@sippog
I don't use uv and I think a pondmaster pump/filter setup made by Danner company would make a pump for your size pond. Danner pumps are quite reliable I have found. Laguna is great on power savings but no sure they make one for you size of a small pond but they might.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 163346 @sippog
I don't use uv and I think a pondmaster pump/filter setup made by Danner company would make a pump for your size pond. Danner pumps are quite reliable I have found. Laguna is great on power savings but no sure they make one for you size of a small pond but they might.
Thank you - we'll look into that. How do you prevent algae without a UV filter though?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'M GUESSING YOU HAVE MINNOWS OR AT MAX SOME GOLD FISH ? your probably getting algae due to over feeding. if my assumption is correct stop feeding but once every 3rd day they will feed on algae.
Go to oz pond on youtube and look for wetland filter/ bog . don't waste your money on the man made filters make yourself a up flow bog and you maintenance will reduce 200%

Ask a Question