Bog construction?

Reaction score
I am thinking of making a bog, but have no idea how to do it. Does this connect to the pond or is it a seperate water hole? Also, do you need to fil;ter it? I am doing this mainly for water plants. Please help.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
a bog can be essentially a filter, ideally fed from your filter via waterfall, stream etc.. the water flows thru and the plants feed on its nutrients, and it returns to the main body of water. there is several designs both in and out of pond.

Reaction score
I have a plastic rectangle flower pot. It is about 30 inches long, 8 inches wide, and 8 inches deep. I drilled a series of holes on one end at about
the 5 to 6 inch level so the water could flow out. Have the water from
your pump come in on the bottom cover it up with small gravel all the way up to the bottom of the drain holes. Place plants in the gravel. Just about any plant will grow in this. When planting, take plant from pot with dirt and place in gravel. This will ensure a quick start. Or place plant alone in gravel.
I'd bet it grows though a little slow at first.

Ask a Question