Brokensword's bit of pond heaven [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is just incredible! I can't imagine the pride you must have every time you enter... It just goes to show what a great imagination and a lot of hard work (not to mention talent) can produce!
aww, how nice of you to say, ruby! Very kind. It's evolved over the years and I THINK I'm getting better at this, ya know? Since having the pond, it's hard to remember what it was like without! Hopefully the pics let you at least pretend you were inside the pondhouse too!

View attachment 144731

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you very much, Barb; a lot of credit goes to GPF members helping along the way! Thanks for traipsing on the edge of my bit of heaven!

Bravo! Just gorgeous. To boot, that cold frame over the water is inspiring....I've got a trough with a handful of Black Moors on a West wall in upstate NY (z5a) who shiver every year. We were dragging a clawfoot tub into the house for them this year, but this....is so much better. Thank you for the beauty and the idear!
you're very welcome, Mardi! The winter tent got more complex upon my pond expansion but it sure does a great job keeping the pond ice-free, evaporation down, and the water temp a bit higher; I highly recommend it. Thanks for the nice words and for settin' fer a spell!

View attachment 144731

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
OMG!!! your pond is gorgeous.
Shhhhhhh, snoozer; am trying to fly under the radar! Wait, gorgeous? Did you post in the wrong thread???? heh heh, thanks, I do my best. Helps to look at other ponds and steal ideas you KNOW you can mimick (GB's log comes to mind!) and being essentially 'done' for a while, I have lots and lots of time to tweak ad nauseum. Seriously, I'm having to actually TAKE stuff out now if I want anything new. The log was the last bit of open real estate I had (can't even see the waterfall backside and if it wasn't a log that thrust out, I still would have empty space there!

Thanks for taking the time to browse and let me know! Appreciated!

smt1.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Shhhhhhh, snoozer; am trying to fly under the radar! Wait, gorgeous? Did you post in the wrong thread???? heh heh, thanks, I do my best. Helps to look at other ponds and steal ideas you KNOW you can mimick (GB's log comes to mind!) and being essentially 'done' for a while, I have lots and lots of time to tweak ad nauseum. Seriously, I'm having to actually TAKE stuff out now if I want anything new. The log was the last bit of open real estate I had (can't even see the waterfall backside and if it wasn't a log that thrust out, I still would have empty space there!

Thanks for taking the time to browse and let me know! Appreciated!

View attachment 144897
I am thinking of retiring next spring. I will have time to tweak things, maybe add the bog i want, redo the stream, etc. Of course, my body will tell me i am too old to do that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I am thinking of retiring next spring. I will have time to tweak things, maybe add the bog i want, redo the stream, etc. Of course, my body will tell me i am too old to do that.
that's what either grandkids or kids are for, snoozer; gotta get on board that train! That's why pizza and beer sales are so high--grandparents bribing their kin to a worksocial party!

You'll never regeret putting in a bog; will give you even MORE time to tweak other niceties you've been eyeing for a while! And a bog can be made above ground out of wood, so no digging necessary, unless you DO end up coaxing the grandkids over for a weekend! Could even teach them something for THEIR future ponding experience!

smt1.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Just use enough beers to put em in slaverin...ups mean at work, but not enough to be drunken :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just use enough beers to put em in slaverin...ups mean at work, but not enough to be drunken :p
ifn I didn't know you were posting from the Roman Isle, I'd SWEAR you must be GB's kin.... ;) :D :cool:

smilie-sword-twirl-ninja2.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What the ekkk!! Isle?!?!?!? Grrrrrrr ahahahaha
You should know Romans were one of the best slavers of old ages...
Be a GB's kin isn't so good i suppose, need study more.
Sorry, Dime; I was thinking of Sicily when I posted. I know, I know, probably ANOTHER slur in your direction; I sowwy! I'm tired, I'm old, I'm old and tired, I need more meds, the stein is empty, pizza is late, dog ran out the door chasing the cat, with the remote in his mouth! Check's in the mail, got audited, am wary of addy pushing cars down the driveway at me, there's a psycho heron on the loose and I hear it's sooooo smart it can even OPEN DOORS (remember, MY pond has a DOOR!!), GB's got some sort of axe to grind (and is looking for an emoji to empathize this!!), my all-expenses-paid plane voucher to the BAhamas hasn't arrived, j.w is expecting me to send her a box of snow, got Mmathis pestering me for 'more pics more pics!' and CW STILL hasn't finished his pond. There; that enough excuses to explain my faux pax????

heh heh

smilie-sword-twirl-ninja2.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Sorry, Dime; I was thinking of Sicily when I posted. I know, I know, probably ANOTHER slur in your direction; I sowwy! I'm tired, I'm old, I'm old and tired, I need more meds, the stein is empty, pizza is late, dog ran out the door chasing the cat, with the remote in his mouth! Check's in the mail, got audited, am wary of addy pushing cars down the driveway at me, there's a psycho heron on the loose and I hear it's sooooo smart it can even OPEN DOORS (remember, MY pond has a DOOR!!), GB's got some sort of axe to grind (and is looking for an emoji to empathize this!!), my all-expenses-paid plane voucher to the BAhamas hasn't arrived, j.w is expecting me to send her a box of snow, got Mmathis pestering me for 'more pics more pics!' and CW STILL hasn't finished his pond. There; that enough excuses to explain my faux pax????

heh heh

View attachment 144912
ROFL!!!! I'm living in Turin btw. ;)
U best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question