Brokensword's bit of pond heaven [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
They are still around, I have not picked up any new fish in years, except the fan tails after the heron ate every single one. I have no way to keep new fish separate from the fish I have.

They have over 100 acres of ponds, third generation raising the fish.
wow; 100 acres of ponds...do they have a website? Can you buy fish online? Wonder if you can pick out the one you want, or like koi, they offer a specific fish for sale...course, shipping live fish isn't cheap, that's why I have to always at least get 3 to justify doing so. Well, that's what I tell my wife, anyway....;)

smiley-tongue-on-icy-pole---Xsml.gif
smiley sunny.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
wow; 100 acres of ponds...do they have a website? Can you buy fish online? Wonder if you can pick out the one you want, or like koi, they offer a specific fish for sale...course, shipping live fish isn't cheap, that's why I have to always at least get 3 to justify doing so. Well, that's what I tell my wife, anyway....;)

View attachment 146562View attachment 146563
You sure you don't need to schedule some kind of a business trip around Spring time that just happens to be near Maryland? :joyful:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

View attachment 146562View attachment 146563
No shipping and you pick the fish you want out of their big tanks. Point and they get it for you. I got some beautiful dark perfectly marked shubbies, the heron got them in the 1000 gallon pond x years back. When I replaced the fan tails, (from the heron attack) I just told them to pick me out a variety of shubbie colored ones , every one they picked out was perfect.

They are about 20 minutes from us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
plumbing at drum bog prefilter (sock filter) design;

plumbing at drum filter v4b.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone