Brrr what a diference a day makes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Weve gone from the highest recorded temperature in the UK for this time of year at 20c down to bellow 12c in one day .
Tonight saw a rapid drop in temparature with an intense thunderstorm with heavy hail brrrr ,
I think thats the end of it we are on the downwards spiral to winter here in the UK now

DAve

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dont you worry non Big Lou we had the bed on for the rfirst time this winter last nigh ahh utter bliss to be able to crawl into a nice toasty warm bed like that :happy:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
by Gads did it drop down last night at one stage we hit 1c but in the country side that would equate to that of lower at -1c now is the time we are keenly for the next 5 months watching that thermometer as closely as we possibly can .

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Am envious of your electric blankets Dave.
We had our heating boiler serviced today. It needs parts, so is out of action until they arrive. Hopefully within 48 hours!!
Chris

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
That sounds cold Dave !!

I already wore my long sleeves to work twice this week , I feel it comming

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We had our own cold front go through here this afternoon, Dave. We went from 10C to 2C in 1 hour.
Pretty neat watching the clouds rush by overhead.

Something interesting I found out - Dave and I are at about the same latitude.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Tonight is bonfire night a night I hate especially for all the animals both domestic and wild with all the fireworks shooting off for the next day or two.
We have to keep ours locked in which means only one of us can make the koi club annual Photographic contest tonight again it was bitter last night but slightly warmer at a heady 3c
Our bioler is near as damn it brand new and a product of good German engineering so thankfully its not going to be breaking down any time soon :LOL:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dave,

Worcester Bosch?
Worcherster , the last we had was a french one that after only 18 months started to leak , the engineer who looked after the thing said that they apparently were built for a differing pressure than that of the UK but because we rent rather than own we had no choice in the matter but the then old landlord went for the cheaper option than the one the engineers recomended i;e the Worcchester.
Thankfully the new Landlord Plymouth Communitee Homes realized when they took over the housing stock that cheaper is more often than not (a bad thing).:banghead:
When we had the new Kitchen fitted they fitted the Worchester and scrapped the other boiler and we were glad to see the back of it .:joyful:
Sadly we lost the chace to buy when my Mother and Stepdad went bankrupt (after the last crash banking wise prior to this one)
Val and I had invested heavily in her business things where good and then bang gone in next to no time but hey you pick yourself up and start again dont you ?(y)

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Dave, the reason I ask is my son worked at Worcester Bosch in the Design Lab for a few years. He has worked for himself for a few years now, and still rates them as very good quality, and won't fit anything else. The guy who founded the company, Cecil Duckworth, is local and he sold the business to Bosch for a sum that has never been made public, but suffice to say it made him a very wealthy man. His passion is rugby, so he bought the Worcester club, and has financed it for many years all the way to the Premiership, (and back down to the Championship this season). He's also a true, old-fashioned gent,and he's often seen around the ground before a game, conversing with ordinary fans and having his picture taken with the kids.

Although the firm is owned by Bosch, it's actually good quality British engineering and is manufactured in Worcester. (y)

Ask a Question