sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
when ever you go in a store you have to look at things from a ponders eye .

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used the round nylon kitchen scrub pads in my diy filter. They are very similar to the shower scrubies.

Just make sure the ones you get don't have soap or something on them.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
capewind said:
Personally, I love the idea of using loofas and have eyed them myself ... Even at $1 each tho (our Dollar Tree has them), they would end up being more expensive then buying rolls of course media to cut up (we pay $18 for a 24" x 54" roll), but the up side is they would be super easy to rinse as you said. I cant see why they wouldnt do great in general, as people use everything from deer fencing to curlers and cut up pvc....
If you're speaking of the REAL loofas, they are a vegetable and will break down in your filter, adding more bio-mass that you really don't want! Stick with synthetics.
John

Reaction score
HARO said:
If you're speaking of the REAL loofas, they are a vegetable and will break down in your filter, adding more bio-mass that you really don't want! Stick with synthetics.
John
Leave it to a man LOL... the title of this thread is called buff puff. but he posted pictures of Loofas, as in the synthetic item many people (MANY WOMAN) use as an item to wash with in the shower;-) Nope. I wouldnt advise putting Luffa Aegyptiaca or Luffa Acutangula into a filter. The fully ripe FRUIT is also a Loofah tho. I tried to grow one once, and it didnt work out so well for the plant LOL. Thankfully a picture was posted in the first post to let us know which item he was referring to:)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
"I see!" said the blind man. It's just that I've never heard of these puffs being called loofahs! When I hear that term, I think of a cucumber on a stick! :bye2:
John

Reaction score
They are like anything else in nature ... if a fruit can be grown to maturity, and used as a sponge, then there MUST be a synthetic version too for someone to make a greater profit on ... BTW, may the day never come that I am deprived of a synthetic loofa;-)

*** Hint to husbands out there ... Christmas is coming ... check the condition of your wives' "puffs", and maybe get her a new one, and some nice smelling body washes;-) Usually, an appreciated gift, assuming you didnt tell her she smells bad ... and cheap too hehehe...

Ask a Question