building a stream

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
i was just wondering if there were any tips or tricks that you have to building a stream. it will be going around the side of my waterfall then dropping into the pond. Any plans that you have or suggestions will be great.....

:lol:~marino~:nananananana:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
One solid liner would help you avoid water loss later .

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
One of my waterfalls comes into a stream at a right angle, so I had to piece it together. I made sure the overlap extended more than a foot in each direction with the fallbeing a clean shot over the lap. No leaks, no problems. It is like a shingles in roofing, when done right the roof has no leaks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
has anyone ever used the foam in the spray can for ponds .I bought a can to extend my water fall and was wondering if there is anyone that has used it and if it works the way they say it should .Before I overlapped the liner, but the first pond liner before the fall was only a foot to short and the foam was on clearance at Lowes for 1.99 here and thought that it just might add extra protection plus will be able to hold the side rocks better and help direct water where I want it to go rather than where it wants to go .Like under the rock instead of over the rock like I want it .It is a black foam for ponds and waterfalls .The one thing that concerns me also is that when it's set it's set right or wrong .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok then it is similar to the foam I sprayed under my house in between the floor joists and the sill plate .For some reason I was thinking it was harder and more like a glue .duh I guess if it says foam it would be similar .Glad this is an easier job than that was .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The foam works great for directing the water flow and easy to remove if need be.

pondbuilder, make your stream at least 10 inches deep, after you put in under layment and liner it is surprising how shallow the stream becomes. I put in shallow areas before each waterfall. I also built in mini water collection areas in the stream for standing water if the stream was turned off for water for the birds.

If you are using piece of liners, which I had to, my stream turns to many times for one piece, connect them where you have a slight slope helps against water backflow.

Ask a Question