building a stream

Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in building a natural looking stream in my garden. The stream will be 6.5m in length x 0.6m wide and depth would like some advice. I am building a raised deck from my house approx 3m x 6.5m and 700mm off the ground and then the steps will cross over the stream.
I will have sufficieant space under the deck to sink a resevoir and hide all pumps etc. What I need help with is the resevoir size, pump size etc. The liner, planting and feature stones etc I am happy with. Any advice would be great.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Have your stream at least 10 inches deep if not deeper, by the time you add liner rocks etc, the depth gets shallower

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the Forum
The reservoir needs to be able to hold the volume of the stream when the pump is off

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
flowerwelcomeWHT.gif

and welcome to our group

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. The stream in my creek that is 25' long is only abut 4-5" deep with water as I wanted to create a look of small rapids going along the creek. The disadvantage to this is that a lot of stuff seems to get stuck in the rocks and create a minor damming affect, it also is a great string algae grower as mine gets a bit of direct sun.

Ask a Question