BUSY DAY FOR ME.....

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Looks good Koiguy. I hope you get everything done before Easter Sunday. Looking forward to more photos.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
THANX..... i do the falls going now but theyre not done...gotta get in the pond to finish them...brrrr!...and they'll be flowing on "Ressurection Day" ...not easter.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
thank you for the kind words everyone..and baeya..there will only be the 5 adults and the pieco going into the pond outside. due to the early warm weather i have already sold all the fingerlings. except 6. 55 in total sold. i expect the last 6 wont be around long. if the weather stays warm again. may sell my big ones after they spawn this year. havent decided yet. depends on the return on the spawning, i guess. if its highly productive i'm more inclined to sell. select the ones i want and grow them out to spawn. and sell the rest....gotta get some yarn and make new spawning mops!!
oh...the finger is sensitive but doing fine!

Reaction score
Your fish will have a lot of room to themselves! I'm hoping mine don't spawn again! LOL!! I wish I could nueter them all! Although it was rather exciting last year and the few I have left (I did sell some last Fall and gave away a bunch, too) are kind of cute! Glad to hear your finger is healing, Koiguy...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
pond water is thick with green single cell alge...i guess i did throw off my steadily crystal clear water by not filling it with the pond water from the basement pond...fish arent in the pond yet. except i did release my pieco today..lots of food for him. in 2-3 days my water went from gin clear to green mud...and wouldnt you know it. i cant use my U.V because i broke the quartz sleeve. good news is, i called tetrapond and their sending me a new sleeve at no charge, and its not even a covered warranty item....they are the best in customer service. you may remember they sent me a new 1900gph pump, 2 large bags of wheatgerm food, and the sludge tabs as a thank you for my contributions to their site and facebook page when i told them of my 1200gph pump quiting on me. with my experience with Tetra Pond.i would recommend them on their customer service alone. you gotta love a company that looks out for their customers like that!...i found the sleeves on line starting at about $40.00

Ask a Question