Busy Few Days

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Weve not been on much this week as some folks may have noticed ?
What have we been doing , well you'll remember I found a design flaw that gost the pond 45+ gallons imperial at a time if I set the outlet from the vortex wrongly starving the boi filter of water which had lifted op ober the old overflow design and out of the pond to the drain.:confused:
Weve had to undo planks with the help of Jeff then with the help of Brian one of our committee members remove the screws from the half bottom drain with overflow holes( the cause of the loss), then the selant holding it onto the side of the pondfinally peeling it off the side of the pond in one. (y)
Then using selant that sets underwater re-do all the screwsthen blend them in , Brian split the over flow pipe with a saw then tool a section out gueing the edges then adding a large ball valve siliconed the joints together.;)
Then began the slow process of trickling in the water which took forever checking all the screw holes for leaks as the water reached each one.(y)
Finally exhusted falling to sleep only leaping to the shock horror:eek: realization that you have been asleep two and a half hours thinking the worst going outside in the dark to find it only half an inch from the top of the pond :(
However I put this to good use cracking open the ball valve and draining an inch of water down through the overflow ( testing its seals), creating at the time a powerful sKimmier, which is what we want it to do:).
I must say that even in the bad light of todays weather that between us all we did a very good job turning a problem into an asset thanx to the wisdom of another koi friend who said those faithful words "if it had been my pond I would have done things this way instead of the way Jeff and you decided on" to which I replied "where the hell where you when we put the pond rogether".:)
All's well that ends well and a job well done by everyone involved :cool:

Dave;)

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Believe me when i say that every pond is different with different set ups and it all can be confusing .I spent 2 days with a guy who could not figure out where his pond was leaking or as he said loosing water and his waterfall was not getting much water either .Figured after every thing one of his buried pipes must be leaking .Well we dug them up and to my amazement there were 6 -45 degree elbows and 4 -22 degree elbows on a 1/2 inch pipe with a laguna 4200 gph pump .4 pipes all done the same . That was on 20 feet of run uphill .He also for got to glue 1 of the connections .Reason he did not see it leaking up is because it was on top of an underground drain pipe for his gutters and the pipe had holes in it .We got 2 inch pipe that was flexible at the plumbing supply store and left out the elbows .Now it is fine and working .We all make mistakes but we learn from them .EVENTUALLY :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
sissy we also found the new arrangement has been leaking ( missed it in the dark ) hit the job with more silicone hopefully today it'll pass the test and we can fill it those extra 4" .
Sods law at work again I knew it was too good to be true and we'd manage it first time arround.
I really packed the silcone in that joint yesterday so fingers crossed folks

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Wasnt to bright yesterday spent most of it vomiting into the loo :(
Acctually j.w Val thinks parcell tape is the taape that holds the universe together :LOL: her reconing is this "even if a box arrives damp or damaged its parcel tape is still holding together", and do you know she's right duct tape tends to peel with age parcel tape just hangs on in there :ROFLMAO:.
The leak it now appears is a thread leak which is to do with the makeup of the ball valve , we should be able to fix it today come hook or by crook (y)

Dave;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
WEll then Horray for the parcel tape. Sorry you were sick yesterday and hope you are feeling better now. Sounds like an easy fix for the leak if it's just a thread problem :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx j.w. my tummy stll feels rather quesy but the Doctor says it will pass, I felt sorry for poor Val all she could do was stnd in the loo behind me and rub my back to comfort me whi;st I threw-up for the UK "god how I hate to vomit", all my throat is sore and my voice rather husky at the moment due to straining my throat through all throwing up :(
Thankfully however I made it to the loo each time before each episode :)

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanx j.w. my tummy stll feels rather quesy but the Doctor says it will pass, I felt sorry for poor Val all she could do was stnd in the loo behind me and rub my back to comfort me whi;st I threw-up for the UK "god how I hate to vomit", all my throat is sore and my voice rather husky at the moment due to straining my throat through all throwing up :(
Thankfully however I made it to the loo each time before each episode :)

Dave
Sorry your not feeling well, but happy you made it to the loo each time (y) Feel better my friend

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thankfully the loo is only a hall away from our front room being a flat there were no stairs to go up to get to the looo otherwise the outcome would have been different , funny isnt it as a Sailor who like all other sailors who drank way to much back in the day when we were young I didnt mind throwing up drunk besides it made room for more but to be sick sober no thanx :LOL:

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'll do just about anything I can to stop from up-chucking.............no fun at all. Take care Dave and what a nice wife to stand behind and give you comfort. I think she like you

Ask a Question