A busy "time" last night .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Well you could say we had alot of time on our hands last night asBST/ British summer time comes to an end an all our clocks go back one hour .
Thats fine if you have just one or two clocks and watches to go back but when you have a total of 19 time pieces all told it takes some doing .
We started out at around 23:59 pm and finally finished by 02:00 am :eek:
All our clocks go back at around 02:30 am , at the same time we replace all the batteries .
The fiddliest where all the minature time pieces thankfully we change the really small batteries as they start to fail in mid summer, you can garentee a friend will have forgotten to put them back and comes knocking on your door earlier in the morning than they should but then you have a good laugh about it in that they lost an hours sleep over it and not you. :ROFLMAO: :D :happy: :);)
:LOL: theres just been the news and on there for those who may have forgot was an anouncement not to forget to put their clocks back one hour
I'll bet all the drunks on an all night drinking session down Union street our strip[famous in all the Navys of the world ] will have forgotten :LOL:

Dave

Last edited:

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Ours goes back tonight. Thankfully I have only go to set two clocks manually as the rest of mine are digital and automatic. My watch has to be set manually also but I don't have to change battery because it's an automatic so as long as I move within a 12 hour period it will keep on ticking :D

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Globally hated! Usually start the day before so I have time to adjust. The cars are the worst, I had a friend once that would go out at straight noon, disconnect his battery to set the time.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::joyful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
when I was a Navy man we would have to go forwards 6 hours to US time , this was done gradually over the few weeks it took us to get across the pond .
Navy ships never go direct from A to B as they tend to Go A to D to C to E and finally to B [exersizes and the like].
On one trip across the pond when on the helicopter HMS Bulwark we were passed by the QE2 on four seperate occaisions, on the fouth Occaision the QE2 sent a signal to the Bulwarks Captain Saying Bulwark are you lost ?
I wont say what the skipper sent back we have ladies on the forum but it wasnt nice :LOL:
Flying back from Washington DC, Dullas airport to RAF Brize Norton it played havok with my sleep paterns for days.
Marshall my friend your going to a knackered by the Time you get to Belfast my friend......

Dave

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ours goes back tonight. Thankfully I have only go to set two clocks manually as the rest of mine are digital and automatic. My watch has to be set manually also but I don't have to change battery because it's an automatic so as long as I move within a 12 hour period it will keep on ticking :D
I thought it was next weekend.....?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hate this time of year and setting the clocks back just makes it more depressing .

Ask a Question