buzzzzzzzzzz new adventure

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hmm... Addy. We saw we received two large boxes from the postal service after we came back from our trip. Each one weighed 40 or 50 pounds. My wife knew we were getting honey and was in shock! She asked what I ordered and I said I left it to your discretion. I figured we must have gotten 30 or 40 bottles of honey because
they were so heavy. My wife was getting upset and asked how much honey I ordered. I was trying to think of everyone I knew that might like some fresh honey. I brought one box upstairs and opened it....
No honey and just a bunch of rocks on sheets! Suddenly I remembered I ordered some shower tile for a client and had it shipped to my house. The real honey came today. Thank you! Picture of the real honey box next to the imposters!
IMG_20180825_200825287_LL (2).jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
roflmao! So funny! Just three jars, one creamed, one extracted and the chunk honey, btw the chunk is the jar that won at the fair, blue ribbon jar.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
JW. I'm almost constantly in trouble with my wife with all my hobbies and things I get into so I'm pretty used to it but I haven't seen her that upset in a while!
To bad you couldn't have had one jar of honey hiding and "pull" it out of the box. Except that have been the end of happy marriage!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
To bad you couldn't have had one jar of honey hiding and "pull" it out of the box. Except that have been the end of happy marriage!
Haha. We have been married 25 years so hopefully a little extra honey wouldn't sink the marriage!

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had our last market yesterday, 48f climbed to 51, wind howling. All honey stuff put away now. Still feeding the bees. Need to feed a couple gallons to each hive a few more times to get them ready for winter.

Had a few requests for teacher appreciation gifts, for a wedding (200 favors) for a baby shower, honey soaps.

honey Soap
20181012_074435.jpg

Wedding favors
Inked20181008_145801_LI.jpg

InkedMessage_1539027372789_LI.jpg

Teacher appreciation day
20181008_181110.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How big is the bar of soap and do you have any available for sale?
They are about 2x2 inches and around 1/4 inch thick plus a bit. Colors can be a light green, blue, red, yellow, orange, have a bunch of different smells. Vanilla, lavender, rosemary mint, honey bear, baby bear, goat milk and honey, lemongrass. It is non detergent soap with a bit of honey added.

I sell them cheap, a little thing that a lot of parents like to pick up for their kids, guest bathroom, etc.
0.50 cents a piece.

I shipped 40 of them and could have added more for the price of a small priority box, 7.25.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have some other neat soap molds, one has a piece of comb shape with a bee, another like a bunch of flowers with a bee.
I was charging 1.00 for them since they were bigger, a lot more soap to make, but I found the people liked to buy the .50 ones.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well................ We are down here in Florida for a brief trip to start the work on hubbies house, his parents for years.
The tenant died in March, to refresh the memory, she was a food hoarder the rats moved in. We were down here in March but not since.

We were very worried we would find rat poo, rat bodies, rat debris all over the house when we got here.
With no food or water traps everywhere since March the rats are gone. YEAH now we need to fix the damage she did and the rats did. This is a quick trip, we did have our nephew move in our house to baby sit it while we are gone.

And here is what we found when we got here.....................the bees follow us!
We walked and see debris everywhere, well it was not rat poo (which we first thought) it was dead bees! 1000's of bee bodies. A few live buzzing around. They fly to light so the bodies were gathered where the curtains were open a bit.
20181104_075611.jpg
20181104_075602.jpg

Next step what the heck how did they get in, well a quick look found the entry. They had chewed through the edge of the wall and the ceiling, the bees would wander in and were not able to find their way out. I put tape over the hole to stop more bees coming in.
20181104_075624.jpg

So next step..............all of our bee equipment is in Md, we do need to go up into the crawl space see what is going on. How big is the hive, how many bees, where is it. I can see the entry on the outside. We need to go up into the closet trap door with a bright light and scope them out. With face protection, bee fly to bright lights.

They may be Africanized, which is a problem in FL. We had even talked of bringing some equipment down with us............but didn't.

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! What are the chances?? If they are Africanized, how will that change your approach to handling them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wow, can't feel anything but bad for them getting stuck like that. Just be careful removing them, don't envy you the task of climbing into the attic of a food hoarder, who knows what you'll find.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question