buzzzzzzzzzz new adventure

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There is simply nothing like local honey. It's so different than the store bought stuff. I've started putting a teaspoon in my iced coffee for sweetener - delicious!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There is simply nothing like local honey. It's so different than the store bought stuff. I've started putting a teaspoon in my iced coffee for sweetener - delicious!

A lot of the store bought honey has been pasteurized. They do that to keep it from crystalizing as fast. But in heating it up all the good properties are destroyed. The enzymes in the honey are lost when heated. Some out of country honey is made by feeding the bees corn syrup, rather then waiting for them to gather natural nectar.

Someone told me they bought store honey real runny. I told them to take some put it on a plate.
Honey does not just rinse off with cold water, it takes a lot of water or hot water.

Our honey goes from the hives, through a strainer just to remove bits of wax and bee parts. Then into buckets where it sits until we bottle it. It can't be any more raw. The people at the market taste it, they buy it.

I would sale it on here, but shipping adds xx amount. I can fit 2 one pound jars in a $5.80 po box.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We gathered up 9.139 lbs of bees wax from our cappings! Now I need to render it one more time, then learn to make candles. I love how nicely bees wax burns.
IMG_1685.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will gladly sell it here if anybody wants some. The issue is shipping, a small priority box is cheaper than using your own box, due to the weight. So for 5.80 I can stuff in two one pound jars. The chunk and creamed honey are glass jars I would need to see how they would fit.
Need to really tape the lids on tight!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I would buy @addy1 !

And that beeswax is gorgeous! Although I first read that as NINE THOUSAND LBs and thought holy shiiiiiiii... oh, wait!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would buy @addy1 !

And that beeswax is gorgeous! Although I first read that as NINE THOUSAND LBs and thought holy shiiiiiiii... oh, wait!
oh my! that would be a lot of candles and a lot of WORK!

I will post in the classified area, first I need to confirm I can post about honey sales on a pond forum.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
hm... I cant sell aquatic plants in the sell section because I had the intent to sell them, and its apparently a huge commercial operation (3 plastic tubs, my emersed crypt setup), but honey on a aquatic ecosystem or pond forum is ok possibly... Some mysteries on this forum I have yet to reveal.

*I just harvested clover honey today and a week ago, great stuff 2000$ worth to*

Anyway addy your bee posts continue to teach me, I will have to research how to harvest bees wax, When you make candles make sure to show us how!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
but honey on a aquatic ecosystem or pond forum is ok possibly
I am going to check the forum rules before I post anything. Even with the mod title I won't break the rules. They are there for a reason.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am going to check the forum rules before I post anything. Even with the mod title I won't break the rules. They are there for a reason.
no totally got that, and respect that your a mod and don't use that as an excuse, I was just saying if this does get "passed" that, my mind will explode with "wth?"

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Also I read that article you gave me, that would be a really interesting thing if they did that.

k2iiqd.jpg

Do you also see 2 mites on this queen?

Ask a Question