j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice to see you are keeping in shape..............at least some kind of shape anyways

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I don't kill the dandelions. They are safe till the lawn gets mowed. I haven't seen any bees yet. Oh, wait, forgot about this little guy my son bought me yesterday.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
When I see how much the bees love those darn dandelions I feel bad when we have to even mow the grass. I slow down and let them get outta the way, the bees, not the dandy's, when I mow. I gave up killing the pretty little yellow things

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
When I see how much the bees love those darn dandelions I feel bad when we have to even mow the grass. I slow down and let them get outta the way, the bees, not the dandy's, when I mow. I gave up killing the pretty little yellow things
UH-OH, MAJOR MIX-UP! That,s not a dandelion, that's a SUNFLOWER!!!
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh sheesh I knew that but also knew you would notice but I don't feel under the gun anymore to look for the right perfect flower as Sir John is not around to whip me into doing that anymore. Oh what the heck..............is this better?

Reaction score
Oh sheesh I knew that but also knew you would notice but I don't feel under the gun anymore to look for the right perfect flower as Sir John is not around to whip me into doing that anymore. Oh what the heck..............is this better?

hahah you two crack me up good

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Talal I except donations for both John an myself.............please send to P.O box 8432, Arlington, Wa.
I will make sure John gets his fair share

Reaction score
Talal I except donations for both John an myself.............please send to P.O box 8432, Arlington, Wa.
I will make sure John gets his fair share

Im also accepting donations for my college fund.........just putting that out there haha

How do you like my new avatar?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do the bees work in shifts in their little hives or do they all shutdown for the night? Don't they all have certain jobs that they do? I know the Queen has the good life w/ being waited on hand and foot. Do they have rules and if certain bees aren't holding up to their end of the bargain do they get bashed by enforcer bees? Just wondering what goes on inside their little bee brains

It all depends on the time of birth, from pupae to hatching. These hard working little bees only live 6 weeks, in that time they are nurse bees, cleaners, guards, scouts and workers. Workers is the last stage of their life, after gathering pollen, nectar............they die. The queen can live up to 5 years. The males i.e. drones do nothing but mate with the queen and die, or live in the hive until fall when they are kicked out then they die.

But without drones the hive does not do well, even though they do nothing except eat............they don't even sting.

I don't kill the dandelions. They are safe till the lawn gets mowed. I haven't seen any bees yet. Oh, wait, forgot about this little guy my son bought me yesterday.

I am mowing at 4.5 inches and putting a bee guard on my mower. Cute bee!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And we have a QUEEN! You never know if you hurt or lost the queen during the transfer from the nuc to the brood chamber. You can see the nurse maids gathered in a circle around her. We did our first inspection today, you try not to bother them too much, every time you smoke them it sets them back a few days. They are building comb, babies are being laid, nectar and pollen gathered, all is good in bee land. Find the queen, she is marked btw.

DSC06976.JPG

Ask a Question