Can I still stock pond?

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@gloria , I like your pond. All good advice is to quarantine new fish. That said, what is the risk vs. reward? The original 2 are from Blue Ridge? The one or 2 you want to ad also from Blue Ridge?
If you decide the reward is worth the risk just make sure to post an update in the thread "confessions of a fish keeper." ;)

Edit: Have you been testing the water? If not I'd suggest that you make sure ammionia and nitrite are 0, and KH is above 80, I think KH of 150 is ideal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
When you decide not to quarantine new fish you risk losing your current fish (and possibly the new ones as well)

It's not a matter of if it will happen but when it will happen. Just ask most anyone who has been keeping fish for any length of time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
View attachment 104554 View attachment 104552 View attachment 104551 Do you think so need to quarantine if all fish have come from Blue Ridge Fish hatchery? Here is my pond. It was a 2000gallon kit but I conservatively say 1500 gallons due to the rock I put in. The top pic is a smaller pond that was at my old house, it was 400 gallons with 6+ fish. I used to clean filters a lot but it was this way the 6 years I had it until I moved.
Lovely pond!
I'm looking at your orange/silver koi, I have one like that only the orange is on the first half of the fish

Thank you for sharing your pics!:)

Ask a Question