Can I use cat litter to plug an undetectable leak?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh I put 60 lb roofing felt but put down milky spore first to kill off grubs .I then put down the pond underlayment to hopefully help .But what happens from animals or bugs is hopefully in my past .I HOPE I HOPE .That may mean your liner is leaking closer to the bottom side of your liner .Winter can freeze it and may crack the liner also .I had that happen also to a small pond I had .The water behind the liner expanded and i was lucky because the pond only had plants stored in it for the winter .It was around 2 feet deep .I had to move the plants to the basement and put them in a concrete mixing tubs and a stock tank that I had .Frozen water always expands and caused my whole liner to bubble up which caused the liner to crack more .I also had that happen to my pond but it happened because my 1 fish knocked the pump side ways and the water leaked behind the liner and it bubbled up and lucky i caught it or fish would have frozen .Country Escape on here had it happen to her also .Water leaked behind the liner

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
your welcome yep it can be a nightmare .I had to replace my pond liner in March and had to work with snow as last year we had that polar vortex .3 snow storms .It was the worst .i showed my pond tear down and rebuild in construction part

Attachments

• new pond 025.JPG
    new pond 025.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 308
  • snow pond march 3rd 2014 009.JPG
    snow pond march 3rd 2014 009.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 303
  • snow march 7th 2014 002.JPG
    snow march 7th 2014 002.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 306

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is actually only the first row there was a row on top with pound red clay dirt thanks to my property and rebar .My septic tank is only around 6 ft from the pond .pic from my covered front porch and the wishing well I built covers the clean out for my septic tank

Attachments

• house oct 27 2014 021.JPG
    house oct 27 2014 021.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 351

Ask a Question