Ceiling Fans

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We have three of these. Hampton Bay from HD. Less than $50 each and I installed them. Easy Peasy. 6 years so far and no issues.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...2QI-BN/100665883?N=5yc1vZbvlqZ1z0vxalZ1z11ery

My only compliant is I was standing on the bed once vacuuming dust bunnies from the ceiling and was hit in the head. Not the fans fault though.

My head experienced very little damage and fan had no damage. Good fan I guess as my head seems pretty tuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The one in our bedroom, which we've had many in there, cheap ones, use to wobble like crazy. If you put it on low, than it would squeak. We've got plaster ceilings. A brace probably would of worked, but every time we messed with it, more plaster would fall. It got so bad, we put a medallion up, than the ceiling fan. Old houses !! We just got done remodeling the bedroom and put up a wood ceiling. It did the trick. Nice and quiet ceiling fan.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have 4 Hunters inside and one outside on my Gazebo and they've been working great for twenty years.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Have had one for 14yrs and it's a called a Craftmade. It's above our bed and sometimes it makes a tick, tick, ticking sound that drives me nuts. It does it at the low speed. Bought it at some shop in another town near us. Just make sure if it's going to be above your bed that you make sure it has no annoying little sounds cuz I am telling you it's not fun to have to stand on the bed in the middle of the night in the dark when it's hot balancing and reaching way up there to try and get it to be quiet. And whatever you do don't fall on your significant other while doing this or your night is over :confused:
Otherwise it works great!
Still wondering about your comment, j.w.! Does falling on your significant other cause the sun to pop into view? Or is there some sinister meaning that I fail to grasp? o_O
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Still wondering about your comment, j.w.! Does falling on your significant other cause the sun to pop into view? Or is there some sinister meaning that I fail to grasp? o_O
John

The sun may not come out but the stars might

Ask a Question