any horror movie fans here?

Reaction score
Country
United States
So with Halloween arriving soon the SyFy channel has been playing all kinds of scarey movies.

I happen to love them but have noticed as I'm getting older they scare me more than they ever did :ugh: I find myself actually holding my breath as I watch some of these movies. I don't remember doing that when I was younger.....

I really enjoy the Halloween movies, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Scream, stuff like that. I'm not so much into the traditional horror stuff like Frankenstein or Dracula.

Just wondering who else likes to scare themselves and what your watching? :zombie:

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
They scare me less as I get older, but I still don't like watching them. If you don't wanna get scared, mute it. 90% of the fright comes from the music and the sound.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, The music and scarey sounds do add to the fright but for some reason I will sometimes cover my eyes during certain parts of a scarey movie lol Especially if it's dark and I'm home by myself watching it :ugh:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i watch American Horror Story ..does that count?.. I definately enjoy a good horror movie. check out the "Wishmaster" movies..1- 4

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
While it can be impressive to sit through watching psycopaths dramatised with every cinematic effort to make their skulking stalking and brutal moments ever more gory, somehow they seem to fade among reports of everyday crime in many places

In their day, Jeepers creepers, The Fog, From dusk till dawn, Night of the Demon ('57) took the good old rip roaring yarn to the big screen quite well

Regards, andy

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
bettasngoldfish said:
Yes, The music and scarey sounds do add to the fright but for some reason I will sometimes cover my eyes during certain parts of a scarey movie lol Especially if it's dark and I'm home by myself watching it :ugh:
OK, when you mute it and cover your eyes it's called not watching :biggrin:
Also, you always need to watch with someone so you can clutch them at the scary moments. This way, you can pass some of the fear along!

Reaction score
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
i watch American Horror Story ..does that count?.. I definately enjoy a good horror movie. check out the "Wishmaster" movies..1- 4
Yes, American Horror Story counts ; ) Someone I know watches it and told me to check it out, thought I would like it. Have yet to see it though.

I don't think I have seen Wishmaster. I will check it out.

Reaction score
Country
United States
JohnHuff said:
OK, when you mute it and cover your eyes it's called not watching :biggrin:
Also, you always need to watch with someone so you can clutch them at the scary moments. This way, you can pass some of the fear along!
You are too funny ; )

My husband isn't real impressed with the scarey movies. If I can get him to watch one he usually falls a sleep before it's over.

Andy, I forgot about Jeepers Creepers. Loved the first one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Yup, the 'torture the heroine' theme was well flogged.

Oooh, I forgot, 'Sound of Music' Guaranteed to make many scream and run

Regards, andy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love those horror movies..............all of them! Rocky Horror Picture Show really isn't a horror show but liked it too and when my grand daughter was 7 we watched it together.............oh I know, bad grandma but we laugh about it now and she's 25 and still remembers it :biggrinangelA:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
j.w said:
Love those horror movies..............all of them! Rocky Horror Picture Show really isn't a horror show but liked it too and when my grand daughter was 7 we watched it together.............oh I know, bad grandma but we laugh about it now and she's 25 and still remembers it :biggrinangelA:
Your GRANDDAUGHTER is 25????? Now THAT is REAL SCARY!!! :ugh:
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep had my daughter at 20 and she had her daughter at 19 and now she just had another one at 43. The two kids are 25yrs apart! Now that is scary!

Ask a Question