Ceiling Fans

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Seeking opinions regarding ceiling fans. Hope you can help.

1. What brand(s) do you have in your home?

2. Are you satisfied with the fan(s) quality and performance?

3. Did you purchase your ceiling fans from a big box store like Mernards, Lowes, Home Depot or a discount store like Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco or a store specializing in ceiling fans, light fixtures, etc.?

4. What brand(s) do you recommend and do not recommend?

Thanks........

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have all hunter also 8 of them and they are 11 years old and all of them have LED bulbs in them .I installed all 8 of them and really simple to do .Took me around half out for each fan because of some assembly first and unpacking which my son did .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Have had one for 14yrs and it's a called a Craftmade. It's above our bed and sometimes it makes a tick, tick, ticking sound that drives me nuts. It does it at the low speed. Bought it at some shop in another town near us. Just make sure if it's going to be above your bed that you make sure it has no annoying little sounds cuz I am telling you it's not fun to have to stand on the bed in the middle of the night in the dark when it's hot balancing and reaching way up there to try and get it to be quiet. And whatever you do don't fall on your significant other while doing this or your night is over :confused:
Otherwise it works great!

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lou I changed the name of the brand as hubby reminded me it was not a Hunter.

Reaction score
I have hem all around the house and a few outside, but couldn't tell you the brands off hand. I got them looking for a particular size, and flush mounts since my ceilings are just 8'.

about the only real advice I could give is if you put one outside, put it directly over where you want the air. I guess because there's no walls for the air to bounce off of, if you walk away for under the fan (I mean really, a step or two away), you feel nothing.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you the brands of mine at the moment, but mine were either bought at Menards or the ones that were in the house when i bought it 7 years ago.

One thing i can say is depending on the location, you may want a remote control one. My dining room fan has a remote, which is pointless, i don't carry it around with me. BUT I did mount it to the wall with the plastic bracket that came with it. which is great because i don't have to reach over the dining room table to pull cords to speed up or slow down the fan.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have put remotes on almost every fan we have, love remote fans.........

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Seeking opinions regarding ceiling fans. Hope you can help.

1. What brand(s) do you have in your home?

2. Are you satisfied with the fan(s) quality and performance?

3. Did you purchase your ceiling fans from a big box store like Mernards, Lowes, Home Depot or a discount store like Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco or a store specializing in ceiling fans, light fixtures, etc.?

4. What brand(s) do you recommend and do not recommend?

Thanks........
Hunter
Yes
Lowes
Do - Hunter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
When we bought this house 19 years ago, they had a ceiling fan in every room. Even the kitchen. I took them all out and replaced them all except the kitchen and dining room. They just have lights.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I added wood bracing in my ceiling between my joists so it sat solid and no wobbling .If you put one in you can use the retrofit metal brackets with electrical box attached to hold it solid two each joist and just make sure you are not on a joist or bracket will not go up above the ceiling .Just because there is a ceiling light there does not mean it would have the proper support for a heavy ceiling fan

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have Hunter. I guess its ok. I've never really noticed a difference with a ceiling fan or without one to be honest.

Ask a Question