addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No clue if the software can handle a chat feature.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I dont know.. I'm not on too often / too long at a time so it's harder to actually 'chat' with someone. that's just for me though.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The 'Conversation' feature is surely nice, but it is too slow if one has only a limited amount of time to pass along critical information.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm only on sporadically. But if there was either a designated "chat time" set up, or if you just chatted with whomever was online at the time.....I'd be willing to give it a try. But I don't log out, so it would look like I was on line even if I wasn't.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chat feature is nice when you want to talk with someone right away especially if you are having a problem and need an answer ASAP (other forums I have been on will show you who is available to chat at any given time)

The chat box was able to be viewed even if you were not involved in the conversation. You would just scroll through the messages if you wanted to read them.

We also had a weekly chat time set up so that any members who wanted to hang out and talk about whatever could do so.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Personally, I like Forums cause I have a million distractions while I'm on here and I'd have a hard time following the conversation in a live chat! ...but it would be super cool to have an immediate answer when I have an urgent need for one!
So I think it'd be great to have a live chat room! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree that it would be nice to have, but unfortunately there is no good chat software out there that we can use with the forum software. They all tend to be buggy and problematic, leading to issues for users and for us. More trouble than it's worth I'm afraid! :(

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I agree that it would be nice to have, but unfortunately there is no good chat software out there that we can use with the forum software. They all tend to be buggy and problematic, leading to issues for users and for us. More trouble than it's worth I'm afraid! :(

Bummer!:(:(:(

Ask a Question