Chumley's first pond is under way!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We have that issue. 2 huge palm trees are right up against the roofline and will have to be removed soon. I don't know why they planted them that close to the darn house. It's a shame we have to take them down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
image.jpeg image.jpeg Added a few plants yesterday. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Any suggestions are welcome. We have three river birch, three quaking aspen and a Japanese maple bush coming tomorrow. I have three sand cherry bushes?, three burning bushes and some staghorn sumac coming as well and then I think I am done for the season. At least my wallet is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
View attachment 101710 View attachment 101711 Added a few plants yesterday. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Any suggestions are welcome. We have three river birch, three quaking aspen and a Japanese maple bush coming tomorrow. I have three sand cherry bushes?, three burning bushes and some staghorn sumac coming as well and then I think I am done for the season. At least my wallet is.
One other question....am I being picky or is the power post in a bad spot...what do you think, ask to have it moved or landscape around it?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well... to me, it's right in the spot where I would put a nice bench to sit and gaze at your pond. I think I would ask them to move it. I'm sure they put it where it was easiest/cheapest to install, but aesthetics do matter. Having said that, you could certainly landscape around it to conceal it, but I feel like that would be blocking a nice view of your pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well... to me, it's right in the spot where I would put a nice bench to sit and gaze at your pond. I think I would ask them to move it. I'm sure they put it where it was easiest/cheapest to install, but aesthetics do matter. Having said that, you could certainly landscape around it to conceal it, but I feel like that would be blocking a nice view of your pond.
They moved the post and have ordered a shorter transformer so I am pleased with the look. It should be easy to hide

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I wanted to update my pond status. This is an end of season shot before the pond will be closed up. I bought a de-icer and an Aqua 800 for the winter. We added a small tributary in the front because we could not see much water action from the house. I don't know if you can see it in the picture. We now have seven fish...comet, Shebunkin and sarosa comet. The are about 4-5 inches, probably doubling in size.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 221

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
I wanted to update my pond status. This is an end of season shot before the pond will be closed up. I bought a de-icer and an Aqua 800 for the winter. We added a small tributary in the front because we could not see much water action from the house. I don't know if you can see it in the picture. We now have seven fish...comet, Shebunkin and sarosa comet. The are about 4-5 inches, probably doubling in size.
I can see it & it looks awesome & natural. I like how they did the falls in the stream, more natural & cooler looking than just flat spillway rocks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
New update...June 8th.

More plantings have been added and just finished the landscaping on either side of the pond. Late last year we modified the stream so it forks in two. Have seven goldfish and one tiny koi. Also, one hobbit hole.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 180

Ask a Question