Color change on fin?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
My fish have just come out of their winter slumber, we’ve been feeding them for about two weeks now. I noticed one of my fish (that is sort of an orange and white speckled with some black) today has a front fin that is a bright pinkish orange? This has just occurred over the last few days, I am concerned it is indicative of some sort of health issue? Any ideas? We’ve had these guys for about a year and have about 8000 gallons and a large water fall w great aeration.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This was the best pic I could get- they are still staying down lower in the water except when they are feeding- sorry for the poor quality, but you can see the color on it’s fin doesn’t match any of its other colors....
Hi,
My fish have just come out of their winter slumber, we’ve been feeding them for about two weeks now. I noticed one of my fish (that is sort of an orange and white speckled with some black) today has a front fin that is a bright pinkish orange? This has just occurred over the last few days, I am concerned it is indicative of some sort of health issue? Any ideas? We’ve had these guys for about a year and have about 8000 gallons and a large water fall w great aeration.
89C15909-7EB8-4E2F-B649-69D0347C3324.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I don't know enough to contribute anything - but sorry your fish has this issue. The red/pink coloration would have me worried, too. Have your fish shown any signs of spawning yet? I've heard people talk about this and it seems they can get pretty rough with each other. Maybe your fish got shoved up against a rock or something...

Reaction score
Country
United States
They have only been out a couple weeks and I haven’t noticed any unusual behavior (we’ve only had them for one full season so haven’t experienced spawning yet). Thinking about just adding Stesscoat to the water and crossing fingers. We have seen lots of color changes in our fish, but this colorization seems off. We did just switch them the last few days back to their growth food. We had them on cold water food the first week when the temps were hovering right around 55- now closer to 60

Ask a Question