Color changing light

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We put a color changing LED light in the top of our stacked slate sphere water feature and loved it for most of the first two years we had it. Super fun to be able to change the color of the light with the holidays or just as the spirit moved me. When it was Halloween - orange light! When the light was red it looked like flames at the top of the sphere.

Just past the two year warranty - the remote stopped working. So we had light, but we couldn't change the color. Replacement - $32. Not long after that, the light itself stopped working. Total frustration. Replacing the whole thing was like $130, plus we would have to pull the whole sphere apart to install the new light. (We had drilled into the top and siliconed the light into the sphere.)

This year I decided to try something different and bought one of these:

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 7.42.37 AM.png

TEN DOLLARS. TEN FREAKING DOLLARS and I have light in my sphere and a remote that works!

Moral of the story - skip the expensive color changing light for small spaces and just get you one of these. I can buy a new one every year for the next 13 years and still come out ahead of the game!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We put a color changing LED light in the top of our stacked slate sphere water feature and loved it for most of the first two years we had it. Super fun to be able to change the color of the light with the holidays or just as the spirit moved me. When it was Halloween - orange light! When the light was red it looked like flames at the top of the sphere.

Just past the two year warranty - the remote stopped working. So we had light, but we couldn't change the color. Replacement - $32. Not long after that, the light itself stopped working. Total frustration. Replacing the whole thing was like $130, plus we would have to pull the whole sphere apart to install the new light. (We had drilled into the top and siliconed the light into the sphere.)

This year I decided to try something different and bought one of these:

View attachment 157110
TEN DOLLARS. TEN FREAKING DOLLARS and I have light in my sphere and a remote that works!

Moral of the story - skip the expensive color changing light for small spaces and just get you one of these. I can buy a new one every year for the next 13 years and still come out ahead of the game!
good score.............. I have found similar cheap led lights seem to change pretty fast as in the manufacturer changes this that or the other thing to promote new sales. after a few months if your happy with it you may wish to get A replacement even if not needed while its still available.

Ask a Question