Colorado endeavors

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm moving from Pennsylvania to Denver C. O. I plan on setting up a what I would call an easy clean up pond. In a nutshell I plan on popping up the 100g lagoona Wade pool and framing it, putting in a heater and have it run off of bubble filters. I currently have this setup back home but I'm worried about keeping it cool during the summer. Some side information is this setup if for exotic goldfish not koi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180804-090735.png
    Screenshot_20180804-090735.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 249
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Welcome Imkeisme!
If you are moving to a low relative humidity area, evaporation is the most effective method of cooling.
Shading is always helpful to prevent overheating.
Heating an outdoor pond is questionable, it's better if you are able to reduce evaporation instead.

Reaction score
Country
United States
When you say evaporation is the most effective way of cooling do u mean letting it evaporate a few inches then adding fresh (cooler) water?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do plan on bringing as much foliage as possible to try to prevent direct sun, I was also thinking of maybe putting up a... Gazebo? It's basically a wooden frame used to grow grapes I can't think of the proper name at the moment but I also don't know what kind of vines grow out here... Need more research..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
That evaporation will occur anyways, but if you'e looking to control temperature, a fan blowing across the surface is very effective.
You'll have to say what kind of temperature range you're trying to control.
In a low humidity environment, you have an advantage over someone trying to control temperature compared to a place like Florida or New Orleans where they have high humidity.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have seen these beautiful vines with orange flowers... They look like some sort of trumpet plant they also look like they would attract humming birds

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I do plan on bringing as much foliage as possible to try to prevent direct sun, I was also thinking of maybe putting up a... Gazebo? It's basically a wooden frame used to grow grapes I can't think of the proper name at the moment but I also don't know what kind of vines grow out here... Need more research..
Yep, good idea too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That evaporation will occur anyways, but if you'e looking to control temperature, a fan blowing across the surface is very effective.
You'll have to say what kind of temperature range you're trying to control.
In a low humidity environment, you have an advantage over someone trying to control temperature compared to a place like Florida or New Orleans where they have high humidity.
That's a good idea! Ironically I lived in Florida also and it became to much. I'm hoping for a brighter future with the Colorado atmophere

Ask a Question