Comet goldfish aggression

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slight change of direction if I may..... I put 5-comets in my pond in April. They are all one colour apart from one which has become slightly larger than the rest & has silver patches on its flanks & around its mouth. Whenever I feed them this one chases them around non-stop. They all get away & come back to the feeding area pretty quickly. I am concerned that this overtly aggressive behaviour will stress & damage the other fish. Any ideas how to stop or modify its aggression welcome.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
How big is the pond? If large enough add food in different parts of the pond, so they all don’t feed in the same spot.

Also, you will get more attention to your question, if you start another thread, rather than piggyback on a 7 year old one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @Steve Carter ! As @Jhn suggested - start a new post and you'll get some good answers to your question. We'd love to see your pond and hear more about it - post an intro in the new member area!

Ask a Question