Concrete duck pond sealer

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want to build a concrete duck pond for my ducks after my polyethylene-lined one got a ton of holes this winter. And I was wondering what you guys recommend to seal it. Should I use Thoroseal, liquid rubber, etc. What have you guys used or recommended? I also live in Washington where my water freezes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
For ducks i'd go high early 5000 psi concrete reinforced with rebar and wire mesh on a well compacted surface

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomewave.gif
@dylanhampshire24
I live in Washington too but we don't get a lot of freezes over here on the west side. Maybe you live on the east or colder area? I know nothing about concrete ponds and I have no ducks, just goldfish. If your pond freezes that bad could you not just put a cattle trough heater in there when temps get too low?

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 161933 @dylanhampshire24
I live in Washington too but we don't get a lot of freezes over here on the west side. Maybe you live on the east or colder area? I know nothing about concrete ponds and I have no ducks, just goldfish. If your pond freezes that bad could you not just put a cattle trough heater in there when temps get too low?
I thought about that but my pond is around 500 gallons and I haven’t found one that could heat up that much water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Until you get it clean and see what you have to work with that question is kinda empty. Can't recommend fiberglass or a rubberized paint if the concrete is loose and falling apart. Can't recomend a liner if the concrete still hold water

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sorry got your post mixed with an other. 5,000 psi concrete is as close to water proof as you get. it can also be coated in many applications my choice would be what has been used in swimming pools for decades , plaster it wil not be affected by most animals and fowl

Ask a Question