Construction of a larger pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I see a couple of homeowner insurance issues with that pond. YIKES! is right. A fun enjoyable thing could turn into a not so enjoyable thing. To all new pond builders this may not be the way you would want to go.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If she ever wanted to sell she'd have to get rid of the pond I bet. She will never sell tho. Think it is 20 acres or more.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
4 would be nice imo but we settle w/1+. Next home will have more land but less yard to mow.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have 3 here and hate the work and almost 12 acres at the other house near Bedford Lake .I thought it would be great to have woods behind me but things sneak out of those woods also and ticks back there keeps me from back there .I hate to say it but constructing a larger pond just means more work and more money to put out to maintain it .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I miss not having any woods nearby, living on my "prairie" flat ground. BUT, there are so many advantages, I just look at the positive aspects of it and try to forget about the negative. No ticks, no moles, I see every sunrise and sunset (if I'm awake or looking!), and no shortage of sunshine for the solar lights. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol we are not flat prairie land CE but we do see sunrise/sunsets, have woods and trees! Our slope land makes all that possible. Full sun on the pond and yard plants, the trees are down in the bottom lands lol. The leaves blow away from the ponds.

My pond is big enough, and enough ponds, 10 is my limit. But I am glad I made this one big, the other ponds were add ons to the pond cycle.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hate to even go grocery shopping ,I miss home .I saw one of those prefab pools turned into a pond .I think they are not selling enough pools so they are helping them selves get more business .Never thought to try one but they are not that expensive here and what you pay is all inclusive .You pay no extra money .

Ask a Question