Converting to nature pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I’m new to this but after advice.
I have a pond that has been in my garden for around 10 year. Already in when we moved in. Over the years not done anything with it As I hadn’t had the time to commit to it and My other half doesn't like them.
after spending much more time over the last few months we had decided we want to change It to a small nature pond.
im after advise on how to empty in. There is so much waste in it that I’m struggling to empty with bucket. I’ve pierced to liner in a number of places, but it doesn’t seem to be going down.
Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

Attachments

• E93B4E94-B06A-4C86-8B2F-7A18F893C16A.jpeg
    E93B4E94-B06A-4C86-8B2F-7A18F893C16A.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 125

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1589495485761.gif
@Kerryh
if you have pierced the liner it will eventually leak out. You will have to clean it all out and then patch it or put in a new liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hi there! Your pond reminds me of some of the small ponds featured on The Pond Advisor's youtube channel. Check him out! Mark Wilson is a pond contractor in England - so a lot of what he works on should be suitable for your weather/environment. He is now an Aquascape contractor, so he is doing some more "complicated" ponds. But many of his videos focus on exactly what you have - a small pond for wildlife. I feel like he taught me a lot!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi,
I’m new to this but after advice.
I have a pond that has been in my garden for around 10 year. Already in when we moved in. Over the years not done anything with it As I hadn’t had the time to commit to it and My other half doesn't like them.
after spending much more time over the last few months we had decided we want to change It to a small nature pond.
im after advise on how to empty in. There is so much waste in it that I’m struggling to empty with bucket. I’ve pierced to liner in a number of places, but it doesn’t seem to be going down.
Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions.
Epdm is almost self sealing but add pressure of the water in that area and it will start leaking i have seen many a nail or metal sch rad come up through rubber yet they home or office had no water leaks, AS you make the puncture mark them with some spray paintBUT NOT ON THE PUNCTURE just close to it like a arrow pointing there it is. why because you would have to rub off the spray paint latter when you place a patch over the puncture. Its easy to do very similar to putting a patch on a bicycle tube.

Ask a Question