COOl pond product

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
What a great idea! With large Koi, I think it would get knocked over quickly. My adult Koi would have trouble turning around in the 20" model.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if you go on line you can find up to 28" clear acrylic globes. and build your own pvc frame like the addaspheres. the "koi pearl" floats and is 'anchored' by nylon string, which actually seems the better way to go. but the price difference...whoe

Reaction score
You can't knock it over even if you tried! With the water & gravity (vacuum) it weighs over 200 lbs. The only way to empty it & remove it is to break the vacuum by blowing a puff of air with the air-vac pole.
As far as making a base out of pvc, I don't think it could support anything but a very little one. The Addasphere base is made out of polycarbonate (very strong & also why it adds to the cost) which is why they only go up to a 20". I called them to see if they make them bigger but they said the stand can only support the weight of the 20".

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you would have to step up to an inch and a half pipe or so, and paint 'em black,but... i can get 3/4 inch thick black sheet plastic in 4'x8', i would cut an upper and lower round frame, and put 3to 4 legs (or posts) in it. but the cheapest i could find the globes was as much as buying the addasphere anyways.

Reaction score
No more algae than any where else in the pond. We use barley straw extract in the pond once a week & only have to clean the sphere every 2-3 weeks.:):goldfish::goldfish:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
and that amount of cleaning aint no big deal..is your pond in full sun? shaded areas would be less than sunny areas.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
hey szq222 can you post some pix of yours or shoot some video and put it on youtube with a link so we can view it? that would be great instead of the commercial videos on youtube now.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
hey szq222 can you post some pix of yours or shoot some video and put it on youtube with a link so we can view it? that would be great instead of the commercial videos on youtube now.

yea commercial videos show them as soon as they are set up...i would like to see one that has been set up for a while

Reaction score
Yes, ours is in full sun. I'd love to take videos of mine but, at the moment it's frigid freezing weather here. We take the sphere out for the winter due to freezing. It's been a high of 18 the past week with ice & snow. As soon as it gets warm, I will definitely do a youtube video!! Great idea!

Ask a Question