Correct Way to do Pond Edging

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
OK, I'm going to run this one by you guys. Just digging the hole, then laying flat type rock over the liner overlap. Are there any possible issues with this method? As you can see, I'm at home and I've just got MS Paint on the computer.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Nothing wrong but the trick is to not see the liner
If you could lower your top rock to be in the water and have a second row on top you will please every one

Reaction score
falconut said:
OK, I'm going to run this one by you guys. Just digging the hole, then laying flat type rock over the liner overlap. Are there any possible issues with this method? As you can see, I'm at home and I've just got MS Paint on the computer.
That's the most common way DIY ponds are built imo. The image that Capewind posted was developer after this in order to hide the liner between the cap rock and water.

The down side imo to these methods is stability. Not the end of the world, but they get walked on, move out of place and the soil below can start to sag and the rocks start tipping into the pond to the point sometimes, not super often, of falling into the pond.

Mulch around a pond can be it's own issue depending on the type of mulch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
Here's what I did: Attached a row of stones at the water line, then just dry stacked above to hide the liner
DSCN1065 (Copy).jpg

Ask a Question