j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So he's the one coming over today to see if he can fix your pond electrical box? You should take a picture of him for us CE and just tell him you need it for your fish forum friends to show us what a nice person he is and don't tell him we really want to see his beautiful blue eyes and manly figure,lol!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, if he was about 20 years older, and single, I would definitely be VERY interested in him. LOL And, although I think he is a self proclaimed bachelor, he does have a live in girlfriend. :) Let me tell you, he can stop by here anytime he wants. Talk about eye candy! I'll see if I can find a good picture of him. His crew is who put the new roof on my barn last fall. But, best part is he is just extremely genuinely nice. I think he feels like he needs to take care of me, since I'm all alone. He has learned that I never ask for favors, he's always saying, "I could have helped you" or "you should have called me". Not many around like him anymore. OK, enough about Blue Eyes. :)
I already said I decided the goldfish were smarter than me, and I was going to have to get a larger net to even think about catching them. Well, this afternoon while I was pruning in my bog and cleaning out more algae, I noticed something red. Sure enough, one of the babies from last year swam up the overflow from the main pond into the bog! So, I got the net and put him into a bucket, transferred him to the goldfish pond. Then another one did the same thing, and a third fish! I thought this was a pattern so kept watching for more. LOL I have about 3-4" of water in my bog, which is going to change, but for now that's how it is. In all, I got 3 goldies, all babies from last year. Not sure if they were just frisky, or if they were being chased, but they were easy pickings for me once they were in the bog. So, 3 down, about 17 to go. LOL Here are pictures of the 2nd and 3rd one. The first one was solid orange, but I didn't think about taking a picture. These are both about 4".
Baby goldfish #2.JPGBaby goldfish #3.JPG
And, just for good measure teehee, here is a picture of mini daffodils in front of regular sized ones. I love the little minis. They are sooo tiny, less than an inch across.
Pretty daffodils.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good you got some of them anyways and the rest will come soon as you get a bigger net. I like the tiny little daffodils also. They aren't up around here yet. And the snow left us today again. Maybe our weather will warm up now I hope!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
This has been such a strange year. It's officially still winter, but we have had higher temps that a normal spring! And, I have cousins in AZ who are complaining of thunderstorms, rain, sleet, and cold temps, and others in IL, WI and MN saying it was 80. Go figure .... I sure hope you start getting some warmer temps your way, JW. Until then, you will just have to enjoy our pics of spring. :) AND, when our spring is over, flowers all gone, we will enjoy yours as well.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
CE you have some really pretty fish. Hoping you get your electric situation all taken care of. I"m sure you are eager to get everything up and running. I'm so impressed by how quickly you were able to get it all done. Kudo's to you lady!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oh, and I didn't even think of it, JW, but I should ask him as well what could have caused my outlets to go out! He didn't stop by today to put the new clamp on, so maybe I will wait to call the electrician to have him come fix it, although they had better not charge me! It was all new wiring and new breaker, so if the breaker went bad, then they should replace it for free, right? It has only been in operation for 4 or 5 months. Sissy, what would your son do in this situation, if the breaker itself went back or was maybe defective? I don't want to be a total butt about it, but I also don't want to have to pay for that again, too. Seems everyone is trying to take advantage of this woman but I'm pretty sly about not letting it happen!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks, PL. I didn't do much today, or so it seemed. I should have started digging the skimmer in (forgot to leave a shelf inside the pond, so it will go next to the bog instead), but decided Sunday was going to be my day of rest. I did get other things done, though, just no hard labor stuff. LOL
I'm like everyone else on here, I enjoy working hard and seeing the results of hard work. Everytime I look out there and see both ponds, I get this really big feeling of accomplishment and "I did it myself" feeling. :) I have lots to do on the goldfish pond, it's not even totally filled yet, but that's because of digging in the filter and the bog. All in time, at least I have a temporary filter running, and could also get my main pump going and a fountain, but until I get the skimmer in, the smaller pump is doing a fine job.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's a deal then I'll live through your nice photos................prolly all summer cuz we might not even get one again this year and I may have nothing to give ya back.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a bunch of those tiny daffodils they are all blooming right now, everything is a month early, the rain is still missing us. They keep predicting it and no rain, we are drying up darn it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my son told me the breaker is defective then the electrician can take it back where he bought it .My son said while the guy is there he should test everything and show you it is working right and he should have the tester on hand and check every outlet .I called him last night and happen to bring it up to him ,He should not charge you either .He should not charge for anything as his work should be warranted against defect for at least a year as long as the person did nothing to cause the problem .If he is honorable and trust worthy and licensed it should be no big deal for him to fix the work he did .He said you should bring that up also as you have recourse against him through the BBB .He is licensed he should stand by his work 100% .That's how he will get more work by word of mouth .My son said a happy customer is his number 1 goal and should be to all contractors no matter what

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, I feel really stupid! Did I say these were GFI outlets? Well, I had my stuff plugged into one quad box, 2 plugs. When they quit working, I could see no reason for it. I tried the other box for the other pump, nothing. Well, duh .... there is that button to push to reset the power when there is a problem (and I guess the power flashing off in the lightening the night before was the problem????), and voila, I have power again. I wonder why only one duo outlet has the button, but they are all run on the same GFI thing? Shows how much I don't know about GFI. I guess they have all 8 outlets running off of that one reset button, but at least I know now!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
anything run down stream from a GFI will trip as well. So if you have 8 outlets run after the GFI and it trips all 8 will trip...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yep, got it now. :) I learn all sorts of things when I watch and ask questions. I was really stupid when I was married. LOL Well, not really, but he did all this type of thing, I just had to report, "outlets are not working". He would never tell me why they weren't working, just report, "got it fixed". Not I have learned to listen and watch and learn! No longer the dumb woman, LOL, I have learned to do many things on my own, and proud of it.
Tonight I caught a total of 1 goldfish. Yikes, this is going to be quite the challenge! I think I need a throw net, get them ALL netted, then catch the ones I want. And, think I will set up the 55 gal aquarium, and if I catch any that I plan to sell, put them in there instead of trying to catch them again another time. Does anyone have any pointers for catching fish?
Also, I noticed my big bullfrog is peeking from the bog over the overflow edge into the koi pond. I wonder if he is catching fish if they try to jump into the bog! The fish that I caught in the bog were maybe 4" long so surely he would not eat them. But, no more fish in the bog either. I'll be moving my fish from my inside aquarium to the goldfish pond this coming weekend. Anxious for my 2 fantails in there to meet the big one! The others are small feeder Comets, Sarassa, and Shubunkins.
Oh, and I'm pretty sure the huge Shubunkin from PondKid is a male. Saw him chasing one of the Sarassas. I have nothing for them to spawn on, so they will have to use the pond liner I guess, or the pots with lilies in them. Lilies are just starting to grow. Maybe they will wait a while before spawning, too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well glad you figured it out or your neighbor did, anyways it's all good now!

Ask a Question