How would I move the fish tank from country to country?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey,
I am worried and confused now. I had moved to the US for pursuing my degree. My hometown is in Canada, Toronto. I miss my little pet guppy now. She is a cute goldfish. I love her and she loves me too. Regarding many reasons like packaging, travelling etc, I left her in my home but now I really miss her. She was my daughter, friend everything. I used to share everything with her, my fear, feelings everything. I need to get back her. But I am afraid of the transportation. How could I get her safe here? While I was moving to the US, we got help from the Arm Strong Moving (http://www.armmove.com/). Can I approach them for getting back my pet? I am not sure whether they do it or not. Are there any pets or living creature moving companies? Had anyone had exported or moved your pet to other countries? Suggest some ideas for a safe move. please!!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is she a guppy or a goldfish? And what size tank are you talking about....an aquarium or a pond? How far have you traveled? Can't you pick her up next time you go home? I have no experience with moving pets, so you're just going to have to research that. It would seem that it might be expensive, but all you can do is contact them and see if it's some thing you can afford. Or if they don't, maybe they know someone who does. Good luck! I know how it is to be missing a special pet!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It is a goldfish. I call her guppy. It is a 25-gallon aquarium. I don't think I will go home soon. I really miss her and often think about her.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It is a goldfish. I call her guppy. It is a 25-gallon aquarium. I don't think I will go home soon. I really miss her and often think about her.
What if you got another goldfish? But don't think of it as a replacement, because obviously you don't want to replace "Guppy." Maybe bonding with another wet-pet would help take your mind away from missing "Guppy" so much..... It sounds like you need a companion.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
A lot depends on whether you're flying or driving across the border.
I suggest calling a customs office and finding out what paperwork is required first.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would suggest moving the fish youself if it is feasible to make the drive (if its something you decide to do i can explain in more detail at that time)

I am not sure of the laws going over the border with pets/live animals so I would check on that before doing anything.

If you decide it's too much hassle to move the entire set up you could always get a betta. They would require much less space and maintenance than a goldfish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'd be surprised if this is feasible if you can't drive it yourself. A friend of mine moved his dog from France to the US using a pet relocation company. It cost more to transport the dog than anyone else in the family and some of them had to take the Queen Mary because they couldn't fly. The kids also had a few goldfish in France and the relocation company said "Yes, we could do it. You don't want to know how much. (More than the dog.)"

Ask a Question