Cover stone over filter

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Depending on the look you like, water forgetmenots will completely camouflage that whole waterfall, even spilling over the front of the rock where the water is running. I have them in the waterfall in my pond and you can’t even tell there is anything there it appears to be part of my bog. Can post a pic of it when I get a chance.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Chumley - it looks great! Kudos to you for analyzing the look you had and realizing it just wasn't right. Plant some things around it that will creep in and over and around those rocks and you'l be even happier with the look. A few big hostas can cover a lot of things up - but I think I remember you are in full sun so you'd need to find a variety that can handle the exposure. You can also plant right in the top of the biofalls if you're daring - choose something that won't root too deeply or even something in a pot that you can easily pull out. Even floaters will do well in the top of a biofalls.

Whenever we visit a pond on a tour, a little game I play with myself is "where's the biofalls?" Too often it's that tell-tale horseshoe shape of rocks on top of the waterfall. The ponds that are the most pleasing are the ones that have done a creative "cover up" job to distract you from the obvious!

Ask a Question