CW's Back Yard Water Garden Begins!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Feel ya, Have days like that at work, blown hydraulic lines, dead batteries in laser, guy drops my chainsaw in the water. Channel my inner Wim Hof, so I don’t kill somebody.
COME NOW I CAN'T SEE THAT ................toooooo well

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
`i hope that's a twisted joke and you don't actually do so

That was part of the daily regimen in college when I was wrestling. They told us it was to speed muscle recovery. I used to take cold showers every day. Great way to wake up without a cup of coffee. But now I'm a wimp and take hot showers and won't talk to anyone until I've had coffee.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My hubby and his 3 sons all wrestle, they are all crazy.......j/k

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My hubby and his 3 sons all wrestle

Each other? In the back yard? Sounds like where I grew up! :p

they are all crazy.......j/k
Never met one that wasn’t a little “off” in some way. Myself included.

Messed up my body cutting weight in high school. Told my college coach I didn’t t want to cut weight anymore. He said, “That will be really healthy for you. And you’re probably going to get your ass kicked.”

He was right. Haha.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wrestled for a year coach was always pushing to loose weight . When I got a wish bone right across my face that was the end of that, I hurt that kid and coach kicked me off . It was kinda mutual to say the least

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Each other? In the back yard? Sounds like where I grew up! :p
Each other and on school sports teams. His youngest started at 5 and currently is the coach in a high school. They all wrestled though all their school years. Hubby helped coach a team for 10 years. And wrestled in school and tiny bit in college.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Urbanite patio progress:

BE4DF613-07FB-4DE2-958D-77A6152A7A65.jpeg

Don’t love some of the formed edges. Bought a cheap rotary hammer and plan to bust them up a bit more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ok, the urbanite patio is turning into a real pain in the butt, but I'm really enjoying the challenge of it. It's like playing Tetris with a jack hammer so you always win. I might be just a bit short of material to make the patio the size I want. Tempted to go bust some chunks out of my old driveway to finish it. We need a new one anyway...

While I calculate how confused the wife would be to come home to see that, here's a bog question:

Is there any use keeping 6" depth of water above gravel? Right now, the pea gravel slopes up towards the waterfall weir. Water is about 6" deep at the back of the bog, and maybe 1-2" deep at the front.

I have about a yard of pea gravel remaining that I could add if shallower water would accommodate a larger variety of plants.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My bog is anywhere from 3-4 inches of water above to zero water above. All the plants , either in water or out grow the same, excessively.

Ask a Question