Debris Pump?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Hey Guys and Gals, Looking for a good Debris Pump now for the bottom of the new pond as I am going with a Natural looking pond now. I have been looking at the "Laguna" powerflo series but I found a Jebao Pump that look very similar to it (could be the same build, just different logo?) for a little less. Can someone tell me if these pumps work good for pulling a lot of stuff out of the pond and into the filter? Thanks, I have been more than satisfied with my smaller Jebao pumps, so hopefully these are good quality for the price :)
http://www.jebao.com/en/products.html

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
check out my pump and filter post and talk to haro he know about jebao and I bought a laguna powerflo 2900 gph and 960 gph and I very please by power consumption .Thing is also you never ever want you pond on the bottom something happens and hose breaks or something else you can empty your pond before you know it .Also that tote with the yellow lid keep an eye on it .I took my second filter out and it was 1 of those and bottom is bulged and it is leaking .No big deal for me since I had liner under it going back into the pond .Leaking and have to put liner under it for temporary filter on stock tank.3rd pic is the bulge in the bottom and set it up for stock tank and found out after bulge was leaking .I thought it was just bulged .

Attachments

• pond 2014 tear down 018.JPG
    pond 2014 tear down 018.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 236
  • pond 2014 tear down 020.JPG
    pond 2014 tear down 020.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 211
  • pond 2014 tear down 019.JPG
    pond 2014 tear down 019.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 268
  • pond 2014 tear down 029.JPG
    pond 2014 tear down 029.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 228
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thanks Sissy, I will ask him. Maybe not the bottom, more like about 8" off the bottom i guess. Yeah that was the first thing when I bought the totes, the bottom is so much more vulnerable and seems thinner on the edges? I keep mine perfectly flat, but since both will be behind a water fall I will keep them on the liner just to be sure :). How has your Sump Hosing been holding up?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sump hose is great and the tank was sitting very level on a hard surface with the liner on top and tank on that .Believe me I have stepped on the sump pump hose a lot and no leaks from them yet and ones in the pond I used to pull water from the pond into the stock tanks .I set the filter tank up with the rock to show how much it bulged in 3 years .I am going to fill clean garbage cans with pond water also and put aerator in them .I want as much pond water as possible .The whole middle of the filter tank was bulged .I have better pics on my other camera

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thank you Sissy,Im glad you told me that, help save me future headaches lol. I have been looking how to build waterfalls all weekend, Im going with a Natural Pond now, and around here, It's hard to find good slabs for water falls, or at least for A decent price. Most places are $0.45 per pound :hungover:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep rocks are not cheap but found there are so many creeks here ,I borrow them from there .I could not under stand how it bulged sitting on flat surface .Soon as I took the bags of lava rock out it started to wobble and you could tell it was a big wobble .I wonder if the polar vortex with keeping the filter running all winter did that .Maybe it froze at the bottom .I think I will buy 2 more and just double them up .You are warmer so maybe yours will not do that .I think aggie and bert are confused

Attachments

• pond rebuild 021.JPG
    pond rebuild 021.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 235
  • pond rebuild 043.JPG
    pond rebuild 043.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 264

Ask a Question