Do comets attack

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The first year I had my pond and only comets in there, I had one fish who I named Angelina Joli because she was a hit with the boys. Angelina was chased and tortured by the males daily so bad that I thought she would get injured or killed. I'd get in the pond and she would swim under me for cover while I swatted the randy males away with my hands. She seemed to really appreciate the rest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
This might help you decide which of your fish are males and which are females http://www.bristol-aquarists.org.uk/goldfish/info/sexing-fs.htm
Nice one Maria why I didnt think of that I dont know and I like the use of the official Britsh shubunkin website:D
Hev look at the photos and you'll see the little white bumps we call tuberculs , these are used to tittilatate the female into laying her eggs whilst the males ejaculate their milt [sperm].
Thats probably the head butting your seeing .
Sexing koi is alot eazier than sexing goldish unless your up close during the times of breeding as I believe they disapear until the next spawning .

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question