Do over

Reaction score
Just curious.
If you could snap your fingers and change ONE thing about your pond without having to do the work, what would it be?
I have a feeling I know where everyone will go with this but I am curious nonetheless.
;)

Reaction score
you know we all want bigger, so I'll put that aside as a given for all. LOL!

I wish I had a real bottom drain. I put in a retro bottom drain this year which works great, but I would prefer to have the real deal: an honest to goodness aerated bottom drain. 2 of 'em to be exact.

Reaction score
wider ledges, a shallower plant shelf (shallowest is 2 feet), and not quite so deep/steep. Being six feet deep with steep sides, it's tricky to maintain - I have to go swimming if I want to do anything at the bottom!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
chilligirl said:
wider ledges, a shallower plant shelf (shallowest is 2 feet), and not quite so deep/steep. Being six feet deep with steep sides, it's tricky to maintain - I have to go swimming if I want to do anything at the bottom!

Hope you didn't do a bottom drain... You will regret it if you did.

Reaction score
I would go a little deeper, add a couple feet on the width and I would get rid of the sloped end. And seeing as we're snapping our fingers here.......I'd add a couple acres to the yard it sits in! lol

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Meekaboo said:
I would go a little deeper, add a couple feet on the width and I would get rid of the sloped end. And seeing as we're snapping our fingers here.......I'd add a couple acres to the yard it sits in! lol

Are you kidding?, They are already 6 feet deep!

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
You did say snap your fingers, right? I would own a large piece of acrage with a year around stream running through it with a lake in the middle. I would use my imagination from there.

Reaction score
I figured most people would go bigger. Perhaps this would be a good post for people to read if they haven't yet built their pond.
Personally, I would have a kick ass waterfall with a stream. Maybe that will be my spring project...

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Hope you didn't do a bottom drain... You will regret it if you did.

No, but I've caught grief about that on a koi forum I posted on. You're the first person to say I *shouldn't* have a bottom drain - most are saying I *should*. Can you explain why?

There's no risk of me putting in a bottom drain - no interest in putting a hole in my liner! I might, at some point, do a sort of retrofit bottom drain, but have the plumbing come out over the top, and not punch through the liner at all.

However, since my python hooked to the garden hose seems to work just fine for cleaning the bottom, I don't know that I'll ever bother with a drain...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miker

Latest Threads