water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
JohnHuff said:
I'm a Redditor, but I haven't tried posting something like that. I mostly just read and comment.

I did get a reply from someone from UCSB ESSR and they posted your pic on their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/UCSBRecreation

I only gave them one pic though. I don't do FB, but someone who does can post the rest of the pics there. I can't even get in that link.

By the way, if you don't mind, how did you get the data card?
It was in a gopro camera that I found washed up on the beach in delray beach florida. It had been floating since 12/6/13 finally washed up. We had strong off shore winds that must have helped it wash in. the camera was in a waterproof case, there were maybe two drips of water inside of the case.

I will check the facebook link, do have an account, don't use it a lot, thanks

They posted a photo and link to this thread, I posted a picture of the guy wearing the tshirt on their facebook page.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
adavisus said:
If the photos have metadata files... there could be a GPS location of shots taken where they live
I don't see any info on the cameras having gps location on them on the web site.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
John I am ashamed to say I ate every bit of the delicious Mexican chicken enchilada's w/ beans and rice. We had a lovely visit................and I confess I also ate the chips,salsa and bean dip. I was not hungry at all for the rest of the day tho and woke up weighing the same as I did before I lunched out :claphands:

Reaction score
With all of this advertisement of these people you might want to consider all the hackers and identity thieves out there just taking advantage of all these good intensions. Not meaning to being critical of your good intensions.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
True, but it is just pictures, no personal information. A lot less info then you will find on face book, you tube, photobucket etc.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
j.w said:
John I am ashamed to say I ate every bit of the delicious Mexican chicken enchilada's w/ beans and rice. We had a lovely visit................and I confess I also ate the chips,salsa and bean dip. I was not hungry at all for the rest of the day tho and woke up weighing the same as I did before I lunched out :claphands:
j.w. :-( :-(
I'm ashamed, jealous and hungry at the same time!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Reddit is definitely worth a try! Best way is to upload the photos to imgur (image sharing site used predominantly by reddit) and then link from there. Try the pics subreddit as that gets a lot of views.

I really hope you manage to track them down! :fingersx:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks I will check into imgur, load the shots and see what happens, .............

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi Guys,

Just some thought on what Addy said....

1. The GoPro doesn't have GPS.
2. I've got the gopro with a waterproof casing... it sinks like a stone if you let it go in water, so i doubt it's washed up from any great distance. More likely Carnival Cruises have some presence near Delray beach... ??

cheers,

Andy

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No luck, posted on redditt, facebook, got hold of carnival, email, two different forums, I will put the pictures on my tb hd at home to preserve them just in case down the road they pop up

Ask a Question