Does anyone else....?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
@RobAmy and @addy1 , could you tell me what cameras and system you use for all of this high-tech, remote viewing? Sounds like the perfect "next project" for me!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use a q-see dvr system. 720p hd. Mine is hard wired. I looked into the 1080p nvr system, just could not justify the expense. They have internet, phone and tablet access. Just need to set up the software to use it.

The under water cameras are also hard wired to a system. I run them on my older q-see system.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@RobAmy and @addy1 , could you tell me what cameras and system you use for all of this high-tech, remote viewing? Sounds like the perfect "next project" for me!
@C-Note I use IP cameras. They are setup with a router. They are hard wired but they are POE (power or Ethernet) so need to have power to them outside. I use Acti 33e cameras. I believe they have a newer model now. Here is a thread when I installed them

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/put-up-the-pond-camera-today.15021/

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is what we watch in the house, a small tv above the real tv. Took a quick snap with the camera of the tv screen Rainy cloudy day, the lighting changes constantly.

upload_2015-4-14_9-28-48.jpeg

upload_2015-4-14_9-29-31.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I work from home and I find stepping out every now and then to walk around the pond to be a great stress reliever.:)

I do the same thing! Although I'm retired I have a small shop and when things get a little tedious I'll go outback and see how things are going around the pond. During the warmer days two or three times a week one neighbor or another will stop in and if it's fore-noon, we'll take a coffee - if afternoon we'll take a "cool one" out to the "Inn" and watch the myriad of little things that are going on. My biggest distraction is another of my hobbies, scale RC boats. If I go for "Sea Trials" I'm likely to be out there a couple of hours!
I get hours and hours of free therapy this way!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Free therapy is a great thing! There is something so relaxing about fish floating, flowers growing, birds singing. I can lose an entire day out there just piddling around.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Very nice!
I have a still unfinished scale Chriscraft I would love to find time to finish then take it for a spin on one of our ponds.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Free therapy is a great thing! There is something so relaxing about fish floating, flowers growing, birds singing. I can lose an entire day out there just piddling around.
But addy fish floating means a dead fish I think you mean swimming :)If yours are floating you are in trouble

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
But addy fish floating means a dead fish I think you mean swimming :)If yours are floating you are in trouble

geez picky picky picky..................a lot of the time they are just floating, barely moving their fins to stay in one spot..............

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well I don't want you feeding dead fish .;)My fish are chasing each other and funny but aggie is chasing bert again this year .Aggressive girl

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I call them dead when belly up! Yep sure don't want to waste food on dead ones.
My fish have been chasing a lot, then the temperature dropped again and the chasing has slowed down.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Mine are hard wired, you can get ones that do not need to be wired, but a lot more expensive. We ran pvc down to the pond when we built it for future whatever stuff. Turned out perfect for the wiring. The underwater cams come from a different company then the system.
I know this thread is physically five years old, and don’t even ask me how I got here, just reading random things in here cause I am procrastinating :) but I saw this, and was wondering where you could find a q-see underwater camera? My family uses them for security cameras, but I have never seen an underwater one from them.

Ask a Question