Does anyone else....?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Miss their fish/pond while at work all day? All day, trapped in my cubicle, with a picture of my pond & fish as my computer background... I find myself actually missing my fish! Just yearning to be sitting pond-side, feeding and enjoying them. Surely I'm not alone in that?? :D
fishies3.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Quit your Job and open a fish shop that should satisfy A your need of koi and B your need to Work :happy:
You have some lovely koi by the way C-Note
Could we have a close up View of the Tancho/Orange Ogon it looks simply stunning , may I ask how much you paid for it ?

Dave

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I wouldn't say I necessarily miss my fish when I'm away, but I miss the whole thing in general. I really just miss the environment I created and continue to improve on. The plants growing and filling in, the birds drinking and bathing in the bog, the hummingbirds and butterflies heading to the bright flowers, the frogs swimming across the pond to crawl up on a log, the sound of the waterfall trickling in, and yes, the fish giving a splash of color to the pond in between the lily pads.

I REALLY miss all of that in the dead of winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I want your job, Dr. Case! Yep, I miss my ponds like JB explained. I love my fish, but I miss the whole effect. I don't think I would enjoy my backyard as much without the fish, but there is a lot to enjoy (green grass, flowers, trees budding out, plants emerging from the ground this time of year) even if there were no fish. The sound of the waterfall and stream running is heaven to my ears. Am I obsessed? Yeah, maybe I am, but at least it's a healthy obsession, right? After all, what better way to enjoy life than to be so in tune with nature that you feel one with it?!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
In the summer Val and I spend many a happy hour sat by the pond , I dont miss winter personally we could do without them but weather like today especially in our suntrap back garden will see a few hours of us sat by the pond .

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I spend a decent amount of time by the pond but the work thing does cut into it a bit for sure. I miss seeing all the different birds that may visit that is why I put up the pond cameras while I am away and even when the weather is awful, I can still check on things. I can live stream to the IPhone, IPad and the computer.They record all day so I can even check out what I missed during the day. I also use them when on vacation to make sure things are running okay. My wife works from home so she can do lunch time feeding which I always miss except on the weekends. However since we created the pond we do not go camping as much due to the environment we created in a the yard.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Retire! Then you have all the time you want to hang out by your ponds.

I can view them via computers, cell phone, underwater and above water. makes it easy to be an addict.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
That's what I want in retirement, Addy ... able to view my ponds above and below water from wherever I am. Right now, I need to get a camera for the barn, so when my mare gets ready to foal, I can view her from the house, and not have to run out there every couple of hours at night. But, cameras that work inside metal buildings are expensive, I hear. And, it's about 200' from the house. Any recommendations for that set up, and something that maybe in the future could be used for the yard or in the water?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I do miss my pond when I'm at work. My husband gives me a hard time because I walk in the front door, drop my stuff, and walk right out the back - the dog gets a quick pat on the head as I pass through, but you'll find me on my bench by the pond doing a little deep breathing before I greet any humans! Retirement is a few years away, but I do dream about it!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine are hard wired, you can get ones that do not need to be wired, but a lot more expensive. We ran pvc down to the pond when we built it for future whatever stuff. Turned out perfect for the wiring. The underwater cams come from a different company then the system.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Great responses, everyone. LOL! I do actually love my job, and I didn't mean it as a complaint. I am lucky enough to work from home 2 days per week. But on those other three days... yep, I find myself wishing I were pond-side. @Dave 54 , here are some additional shots of the tancho fish. I wish I had better photos... She (I suspect female) is really very yellow, and I think has to be classified as Kawarigoi, due to having the marking. She doesn't have the coloring or scales of a true Ogon, but SO unique. She was $170 from Kloubec Koi, and $45 for overnight shipping. Yeah, I know.... but it was a gift from my hubby and we couldn't resist this fish!!

tancho 1.JPG tancho 1.JPG tancho 3.JPG tancho 4.JPG tancho2.JPG

Last edited:

Ask a Question