Does anyone use this net?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
I bought a different net online last year with very large weave to allow snakes to safely pass around and through the net. I can't stand the though of snakes being harmed by a net. However, the weave is too large and lets in plenty of leaves, too. The snakes get around just fine.

According to the manufacturer, the net shown in the attached file can be placed over the existing net already on the pond and removed once all the leaves are down.

It's cheaper to buy a new net in the short term but I don't know what size weave. The snakes are garter snakes and rat snakes I think. The vendor says the net in the photo will last a very long time, but it's pretty expensive for our sized pond, which is 12 feet long, 7 feet wide, if I remember correctly.

I am so frustrated with this pond. It's a money pit. Pretty when it's working nicely, but it's a money pit.

Attachments

• NET.jpg
    NET.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 310

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just let the leaves go in and net them out,the only pond I ever covered with a net was my little 150 gallon. Your ponds a money pit?! Besides electric and fish food I don't think I spent more then 20 bucks on my pond this year.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have my pump in a skimmer with plenty of prefilter and inside a mesh bag. I'm usually done removing leaves this time of the year and don't have to worry about it through winter.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have that net for one of my ponds. I ordered the 10x10 as that was the exact size of the pond. It worked great the first year although it is hard to see the fish. The second year it would not fit. It shrunk by almost 6" in both directions.

Reaction score
Country
United States
No longer an old thread.;)
pic of my new leaf net…we can use as garden net in spring/summer.

Attachments

• 891CA969-0EAA-4B99-8E66-FF2DF13A70BA.jpeg
    891CA969-0EAA-4B99-8E66-FF2DF13A70BA.jpeg
    344.9 KB · Views: 40

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Ronkers, looks like what I have except that yours has pole sleeves — like for a tent! So, is it sold as such, and where did you get it? I like that concept better than mine which is just a pool net thrown over the PVC frame! We have the net anchored, but the other day noticed that it had been pulled off. Suspect, likely a raccoon.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Ronkers, looks like what I have except that yours has pole sleeves — like for a tent! So, is it sold as such, and where did you get it? I like that concept better than mine which is just a pool net thrown over the PVC frame! We have the net anchored, but the other day noticed that it had been pulled off. Suspect, likely a raccoon.
Toyswill Premium Outdoor Pond Garden Cover, 10x14 FT Pond Netting Dome Net, From Amazon. A bit pricy but have used tarps and nets in the past that have blown down or sagged in middle. Hopefully this one will work better.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That looks like a shade net. They come in different percentage of shade coverage.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Perhaps. Did not see any different shades on the listing. It is mesh and keeps leaves out of pond.:):)

Ask a Question