End of the Season

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well with the nasty cold snap coming next week, I am closing up my pond tomorrow. They say it’s going down to -20f and that is bloody cold! Plan is to remove the pump, drain pipe from skimmer to bog and install pond breather. Also going to trim bog plants and place lily deeper into the pond.

It’s been a great first summer with the pond and I would like to thank many on here that provided great advice and shared their secrets. Below are a couple shots from yesterday, beautiful autumn day with sun and cool. Next week though sounds like extreme mid Feb temps that we don’t get a lot of. Myself, I will be in Vegas next week so will gladly miss the cold.

4AA64B23-2AAC-40C8-BB0F-008F546F6B18.jpeg

38116AA4-2294-413C-9ED0-56EB21F68ECA.jpeg

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Pond is looking great, and sounds like you have a good plan for your first winter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Beautiful pond ! I think your winterization plans are good :) Enjoy your time in Vegas and escaping the frigid weather.....did you say -20 F :eek:

Ask a Question