equipment reviews

Reaction score
my pond liner is not big enough to cover the bog but I have large enough piece of liner that would do the trick. How could I use two liners and seal them together?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nova said:
my pond liner is not big enough to cover the bog but I have large enough piece of liner that would do the trick. How could I use two liners and seal them together?

Yes you could, have the liner that is at a higher level than the other do the overlap. Use double side tape or the pl roof stuff to glue together. If your bog is higher than the pond and you do the overlap right you can get away without glue/cement, but better to attach the two together.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh no another one lost to the pond addiction .Nova your lost forever in pond heaven .When ideas keep popping into your mind like that theres no going back (sorry )

Reaction score
I was afraid of that. When I went to the grocery store I had to stop by Lowes and Home Depot to look at their plants and pond supplies. I really like the heather Lowes had. It grows in full sun and looked like a good plant to soften the look of the rocks.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I put in ornamental grasses, lirope, hostas, lilies, low growing junipers mixed in with the rocks. Also some weeds that flower beautifully are growing among my rocks, they get to stay lol

It is fun you will enjoy. With your bog put pvc pipes below the pea gravel to push water up through the bog and plants. It makes a wonderful filter. If you need some ideas I can help you out, my bog this time is huge lol

Reaction score
Not sure if I can afford all this pond stuff: Savio skimmer $484.20 plus cost of UV unit. Can't figure out if I need the Savio - 26 Watt UVinex Unit $229.50 or the 25 Watt Clarifier Retrofit UV Unit for Savio Full Size Skimmer for $162.

Then the 20' x 25' Firestone 45 mil EPDM Pond Liner for $315.

Then the 4000 GPH pump, still not sure what kind PondMaster - Pro HY-DRIVE - 4000 GPH Waterfall Pump for $295 or maybe a Savio Water Master Clear Pump - 3960 GPH for $330.

Looks like just the hardware will run me around $1300 - $1400

The pond will be oval about 8' x 14' x 2.5' with about a 3' x 3' waterfall. My plans seem to change as I build. lol

Does all that sound right or can I use less expensive just as reliable equipment?

Reaction score
Nova said:
Not sure if I can afford all this pond stuff: Savio skimmer $484.20 plus cost of UV unit. Can't figure out if I need the Savio - 26 Watt UVinex Unit $229.50 or the 25 Watt Clarifier Retrofit UV Unit for Savio Full Size Skimmer for $162.

Then the 20' x 25' Firestone 45 mil EPDM Pond Liner for $315.

Then the 4000 GPH pump, still not sure what kind PondMaster - Pro HY-DRIVE - 4000 GPH Waterfall Pump for $295 or maybe a Savio Water Master Clear Pump - 3960 GPH for $330.

Looks like just the hardware will run me around $1300 - $1400

The pond will be oval about 8' x 14' x 2.5' with about a 3' x 3' waterfall. My plans seem to change as I build. lol

Does all that sound right or can I use less expensive just as reliable equipment?

I'm having the same thoughts about cost right now, I want quality but it most of it is expensive. BTW, your size liner is cheaper at:
http://www.pondliner.com/product/20...epdm_pond_liner/Firestone_EPDM_Pond_Liners_20

fishin4cars pointed out to me that some quality pond hardware is available on eBay at lower cost than many online stores and I have yet to inquire from DoDad about his equipment prices, so there's still hope!

Reaction score
I got my prices at 123ponds.com because there is no shipping. I will have to check the shipping costs at pondliner.com

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Why such a big pump?
A Pond Master Hy-drive pump 2600 or a
Pond Master Hy-drive pump 3200
would be plenty big enough.

Reaction score
well, we had a guy we met at a home show come out and give us an estimate on rebuilding both ponds and the pump was a size he recommended.

For those curious, he wanted $5000 to rebuild a 700 gal and 2000 gal pond

Reaction score
Anyone hear of a Calpump PW2500 Waterfall Pump? This guy in town is selling one but I don't know anything about how good they are. lol I never knew there were so many different pumps. Even Lowes and Homedepot sell waterfall pumps.

Ask a Question