extended pond

Reaction score
Thank you. All I can say is that I'm so glad I took the initiative and started digging - my husband wanted nothing to do with it! Now he helps me maintain it and enjoys it just as much as me.

Reaction score
Just looking thru my pics and decided I liked the look of the pond better about a month ago, when I had duck weed in it - I came out one day and all the duck weed was gone! Anyone know why? Here's a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_1645.jpg
    IMG_1645.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 262
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
lauragal said:
Just looking thru my pics and decided I liked the look of the pond better about a month ago, when I had duck weed in it - I came out one day and all the duck weed was gone! Anyone know why? Here's a pic:

The fish will eat it. It's like a snack to them. I did that one year, put a bunch in there. It was so pretty, than a few days later, all gone !!! I even put some in my freshwater tank, hoping to keep some on hand for the pond, but my freshwater fish ate it also ... Your pond is lovely, with or without it.

Reaction score
It's funny, because at first it was multiplying like crazy - I was netting so much of it out and started to save some in a tank with just water. But when I saw it was getting out of hand in the pond, I figured, no sense keeping more in the tank, so I dumped it! Then all of a sudden it was all gone in the pond - I mean, overnight from overkill to nothing. So I'm thinking maybe deer ate it too?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That seems like an awful lot to be eaten at one time. Strange. Someone else might have a better idea of what happened.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Any body just build a new pond and need plants? Hungry deer can eat a lot.

Reaction score
Its a beauty... I keep saying I might go bigger, but kindof afraid of putting 2 liners together cuz of leaking...Have any good hints for gluing them togther ??

Reaction score
Yes, I do! We used roofing tape AND Mr. Sticky's underwater glue - did it for the waterfall, too. Worked like a charm. Just have to make sure you line up the liners evenly - tape first, then the glue. I haven't told my husband yet, but I'm thinking about extending it again, next year!! Haha

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sure is, this one will be my last...........maybe

Sure will never do one on a slope this bad again though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We started with a little 300 gallon pre form, now we have a 1500 gallon with liner. I want to go bigger but it is taking half our yard as it is. Hubby wants to put in a stream running thru the deck and to the other side of the yard. Apollo, our Rott is not liking the idea of taking up his bathroom space.

Ask a Question