Fall update in Vermont, winterizing happening soon

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
We had so many cats sick, replaced hot water tanks, dishwashers, faucets. Water supply is now not as hard but not taking chances with kitties!

That's terrible. My cats are my babies. I fall into a deep and relentless depression every time I lose one that takes me years to pull myself back out of. Thankfully all mine are now young and healthy, but man, I have some bad regrets that still haunt me. I will for sure consider the water hardness from now on. I do live in an area with hard water. I wonder if vets should be more aware of the water hardness in the areas they practice in and how it impacts pet's urinary health? It certainly makes absolute perfect sense to me and I will from now on be sharing your experience when I bring it up.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That's terrible. My cats are my babies. I fall into a deep and relentless depression every time I lose one that takes me years to pull myself back out of. Thankfully all mine are now young and healthy, but man, I have some bad regrets that still haunt me. I will for sure consider the water hardness from now on. I do live in an area with hard water. I wonder if vets should be more aware of the water hardness in the areas they practice in and how it impacts pet's urinary health? It certainly makes absolute perfect sense to me and I will from now on be sharing your experience when I bring it up.
I have made sure all our vets pass this info on to people with this issue, cheap fix! Our one cat cost us over $3000 in bills for surgery when he was only 6 months old. We are now dealing with kidney failure and auto-immune issues with a 9 year old kitty. We love our fur babies and fishes and would do anything for them.

Ask a Question