Favorite plant?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Probably Blue Hawaii taro/elephant ear, or cannas.
8D563947-58FE-4932-850C-CC076D010993.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This would be like asking "who's your favorite child?" I mean, every one has their day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Water Iris, Dwarf King Tut, Water Lilies, Arrowhead plant, and Elephant Ears…… I put these in order of ease of maintenance during the summer . The first two no problem….. the last three are a “PIA” …. They will take a pond over if you let them….. but worth the effort, big koi no Nitrates…. LoL

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
In my pond itself it would be the waterlilies, because a pond doesn't feel right without them. but as far as wetland plants in general, my absolutely favorite is the Cardinal flower I have in my bog. Such a hummingbird magnet!

IMG_1365 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i went crazy planting 5 cardinals this year and have only seen one hummingbird . the bird count is very low around here it's like covid effected them as well

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spoke to soon as I'm sitting here at the pond three hummingbirds . I have all kinds of attractors 7 cardinal plants and purple loostrife that 8 feet tall.
And another hummingbird sweet

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Spoke to soon as I'm sitting here at the pond three hummingbirds . I have all kinds of attractors 7 cardinal plants and purple loostrife that 8 feet tall.
If you build it they will come… They have great GPS. Once they fine you they will visit often!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love watching those little buggers. They almost defy gravity. They make for a great challange trying to get a pic of the with the wings stoped And clear and crisp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States

7 cardinal plants.. i am clearly behind. I have 2 red, 1 pink and 2 purple cardinalis. I guess i need more to get more cardinalis. I have not seen one all year. I even have an obedient plant and a big hibiscus.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Love watching those little buggers. They almost defy gravity. They make for a great challange trying to get a pic of the with the wings stoped And clear and crisp
Yup! All conditions & lighting must be just right, and then you still (at least in my case! lol) have to throw in a whole lotta dumb luck, but when it all comes together, it's pretty amazing!
hummer 02+.jpg

hummer 01+.jpg
hummer 03+.jpg

Ask a Question