addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Water willow, iris, mint, blue for get me not, obedient plant .................why? I like them

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Getting ready to plant our bog for the first time. What are some of your favorites and why? I'm in zone 5.

Marsh Marigold is my favorite springtime plant, but overall I absolutely love Cardinal Flower and Great Blue Lobelia. Cardinal Flower is especially great for attracting hummingbirds.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I forgot about Marsh marigold, it is in my deck pond not the bog. I like that one also

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love all the ones mentioned! @JBtheExplorer does the cardinal flower grow in the water? Or near the edge? Mine started out in about 4 inches of water and slowly migrated to just at the edge of the pond.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love all the ones mentioned! @JBtheExplorer does the cardinal flower grow in the water? Or near the edge? Mine started out in about 4 inches of water and slowly migrated to just at the edge of the pond.

I have it right on the edge. Right where the water is just peaking through the pea gravel, and it's also found itself a little higher above water than that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have it right on the edge. Right where the water is just peaking through the pea gravel, and it's also found itself a little higher above water than that.

That's been my experience, too - it likes it damp but not wet and finds a way to get there!

Ask a Question