Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
okay now, you've gone and made it even more curious; no concrete
you can see the old liner looks like vinyl between the brick tot he block ,
Your soil at the base is not just sand it has a good deal of silt/clay in it as well from what i can see. your sand is not draining particuraly well it you fill the hole with dirt you must remove most of the mud and water. ADD YOUR SOILS IN 6 INCH LAYERS. then compact it with a hand tamp or power vibrator. This has to be done if you want the area not to sink in a year and continue for years. like was mentioned remove the brick and one course of block . fill up to that block and then you'll want to have a minimum of 4" top soil and make sure your area is pitched so that the water runs away from the area . but like was said i would turn it into a flower box. Maybe throw something that is less maintenance like carnivorous plats
carniverous (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would fill it with good dirt, (if not making it into a pond again) make a real nice raised flower garden. It could be beautiful

Welcome to the forum! We will help even if you are filling in a pond!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I would fill it with good dirt, (if not making it into a pond again) make a real nice raised flower garden. It could be beautiful

Welcome to the forum! We will help even if you are filling in a pond!
yeah, don't we have RULZ against such blashpemy? Or are we going all nicey-wicey this month???

heh heh

:oops::cool::p

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Or are we going all nicey-wicey this month???

heh heh
aww nicey-wicey................poor person is making the real difficult decision to trash a beautiful pond build, well it could be beautiful again and making it all dirt..................might as well use the structure. Would make a beautiful raised planter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
aww nicey-wicey................poor person is making the real difficult decision to trash a beautiful pond build, well it could be beautiful again and making it all dirt..................might as well use the structure. Would make a beautiful raised planter.
that was MY first thought too; my dad had one on the house I grew up in and we found out over time, if you don't provide ENOUGH drainage, the facia brick on the outside will surely let you know when it's time to start falling down, and that time comes a lot sooner than you'd think!

Hence why I suggested drilling drainage holes down low to avoid this dilemma.

Ask a Question